Chapter 18

Sorry that I haven't been posting a lot

I'm slowly losing it and questioning myself!

I may end this soon :(

Also, Idk why I put that song there. I just really like it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*1 year later*

"Come on Chuck, you can do it!" said Jamie, motioning for Chuck  to keep walking.

The toddler continued to waddle as he made his way towards his mother.

"You got this lad! Just come to mummy!" said Newt, standing next to Jamie.

Chuck continued to make his way over as all the Gladers watched. He was four steps away. Three. Two. One. Chuck wobbled into his mothers arms as all the gladers cheered.

"Good job sweetie!" said Jamie as she picked him up. Chuck giggled as she kissed his nose.

Jamie placed him on her hip and smiled. "Another memory," Jamie made the hand motion of a check mark in the air. "marked off the list!"

Chuck reached out his arms for his father. "Da da."

"Come to daddy!" said Newt as Jamie transferred the child over to him.

Chuck wrapped his tinny arms around Newts neck. Jamie smiled.

"Aww!" she said. Chuck squeezed his neck before wanting to be put down.

"Ah." he said.

Newt placed him on the ground and let him waddle. Chuck walked right up to Evie and hugged her leg. Evie smiled and carefully crouched down. Chuck reached out his arms and put his ear on her expanded stomach.

"That's right Chuck!" she said quietly. "You'll have a little friend real soon!"

Gally walked over and ruffled Chucks golden locks.

"Very soon sport." he said putting an arm around Evie.

Minho watch the two couples as they talked with each other. Deep down, he felt slightly jealous. He had never had a romantic partner before. He had to put himself out there. Minho walked over to the medical tent and found Amber tidying up from her last physical therapy session with Mark because he had broken his foot.

"Hey Amb's! Listen, you and I are perfectly normal people who have been single for way to long." said Minho confidently.

Amber turned around slowly. Her eyebrow raised in utter confusion.

"So, I was thinking. You. Me. Together? What do ya say?"

Amber sat in her chair, as stiff as a rock. Her face turned completely white.

"Uh I um...we can't uh..well I mean...I..." Amber said as she stumbled over her words. She took a deep breath and tried again.

"I can't." she said simply before walking out of the tent.

Minho stood in confusion.

'What was that?' he asked himself.

*****

For the rest of that week, Minho continued to bug Amber and ask questions like "Why did you said no?" or "Is it something wrong with me?" but every time, she would reply with, "I just can't." So one day, Minho decided to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Hey Amber!" he shouted to her from across the work space.

Once Amber saw him, she immediately turned and started to run. Minho smiled.

"Two can play at that game, shank."

Minho began to sprint across the haven. Following Amber's every turn. She ran into the woods and twisted and turned through the trees. Trying to loose Minho, but he was smarter than that. Minho took a turn in the opposite direction and sure enough, he cut her off. He grabbed her arm before she could run away. Amber struggled to break free from his grasp.

"Let. Me. Go!" she shouted.

"Not until you tell me what the hell is going on with you!" Minho shouted back.

Amber stopped struggling and sighed.

"I can't" she said. Her eyes on the verge of tears.

Minho sighed. "Yes, you can. Look what ever it is, I won't tell anyone."

Amber looked up and Minho as she sat down in the grass. She took in a deep breath before she spoke.

"Ok...you wanna know the truth...fine. The reason I rejected you is because I can't like you."

Minho frowned as he sat down next to her. "What do you mean?"

"I-I..." Amber choked on her words.

Minho took her hand and squeezed it tight.

"I like...girls..." she said quietly.

Minho's eyes widened in shock. He would have never guessed that. Amber looked up at his face and began to silently cry.

"Hey hey," said Minho as he pulled her into his arms. "It's gonna be alright."

Amber sobbed as Minho pet her hair.

"I don't know what to do Minho!" she cried

"Well, for starters, you can tell your friends." he said

Amber shook her head. "No, I can't. They won't except me!"

"Of course they will. And If they don't, they were never your friends to begin with. Trust me. They'll understand."

And they did. Amber came out to all of her friends. Everyone was supportive about everything and Amber was truly at home.

As for everyone else, their lives continued. Happy and safe. May was born a few month later and became a little sister to Chuck. Everyone the glader had lost will always live on in their hearts.

And now that WICKED was gone, peace was spread everywhere.

The trials were over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you guys so much for reading!

I may write a bonus chapter but, we'll see.

I'm also super excited about the new Newt book that JD is writing.

THE KING IS RISIN XD