Chapter 11

Jamie lifted her head up from the ground. She had been by Newts side for about 5 minutes now. Everyone had already left. Jamie had told them to wait at the berg for her. she needed some time by his side alone. She finally stood up and looked down at him.

"Goodbye Newt." she whispered before walking towards the WICKED building to carry out her plan.

Thomas was right. This was all Ava Paige's fault. She needed to be eliminated. Jamie grabbed her hand gun and cocked it. Her face emotionless. Newt was the only thing that made her happy, and now that was gone, there was no reason to smile. Jamie walked into the WICKED building. She walked down a long hallway but was shocked at what she saw. Ava's body, lying dead on the floor. She had a gun shot in her stomach. Maybe Thomas got to her before she did.

'Wait, where is Thomas?' she thought.

The last time she saw him, he was walking towards the same building Jamie was in right now. Jamie thought long and hard, but then looked down. On the ground, she found a small mechanical bug. It had a needle on the end of it. Jamie crouched down to pick it up. When she did, she smelled the tip of the needle. Jamie's vision went blurry for a second.

'Tranquilizer.' she thought. 'And my guess is that it didn't come from Thomas.'

Jamie ran down the hall and up several staircases. Her legs began to ache from all the running around, but she pushed forward. When she got to the medical wing she stopped. She heard shouting and smashing of glass.

'That can't be good.' she thought.

Jamie readied her gun and walked on her tip toes down the hallway. She was just about to turn the corner, when she saw Janson walking into a room. She stopped and watched him as he held his gun pointed out in front of him.

'Thomas!' she thought.

When Janson walked in, she quickly slid in after him. Luckily, he didn't seem to notice. His sights were set on Thomas. When Jamie got in, she hid behind an oil tank near the door. She watched as Janson skulked around the room. Jamie looked over to her right and saw Cranks behind an observation wall, pounding on the glass to be let free.

"I admit, Teresa, you had me fooled. I thought we were friends. Maybe it's just in your nature to betray the people closest to you." said Janson.

Jamie watched as Teresa quietly moved around the room. Avoiding Janson's gun.

"Come on. Let's not prolong this. We both know there's no way outta here. Let's not make this any more painful than it needs to be." He said as he moved closer and closer to where she was hiding.

"Thomas...Teresa." he said in a eerie voice.

Teresa turned the corner, only to cross paths with Janson. Jamie's heart pounded. She watched as Teresa scooted on the floor away from Janson. 

"I think you have something of mine." he said.

Teresa stood up and held out a bottle of blue liquid. The cure.

"Not that." he said. "Where is he?"

"Just take it. Leave him alone." said Teresa.

Jamie got up and slowly moved in towards Janson. His back was facing her, so he couldn't see her creeping closer. Jamie stood up and her and Teresa made eye contact for a split second before looking back at Janson. Teresa noticed her gun.

"What is it with you two? You think he's so special? He's a lab rat. He was born with a gift. He never had to fight for it, he never earned it. He doesn't deserve it." said Janson

"Maybe. But it's his." said Teresa.

Janson turned his head. Jamie avoided his eyes by moving with the back of his head.