Chapter 8

"No. There's gotta be another way." said Thomas pacing the floor, clearly unsatisfied by Gally's way of getting in.

"Like what? You've seen the building. She is our only way in." said Gally.

Thomas paused and continue to pace the floor. 

"You really think she's gonna help us?" asked Jamie, who was sitting at the table next to Newt, who hadn't said a word since they sat down.

"I don't plan on asking for her permission." said Gally, crossing his arms.

"Am I missing something here? This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick?" asked Brenda

Gally pointed a finger at Brenda "I like her."

Brenda looked at Thomas with sad eyes "What's going on?"

Thomas didn't say anything. Jamie looked over at Newt. His eyes were red. His muscles tensed.

"What, are you afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt?" said Newt abruptly.

Jamie looked over at him, confused.

"Hmm?" he said, trying to get Thomas to answer. "Because this has obviously never been just about rescuing Minho. Has it?"

Everyone looked at Newt, puzzled.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" asked Thomas

"Teresa." replied Newt, now standing up and walking towards Thomas. "She's the only reason that Minho's even missing in the first place. Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back. And what? You don't want to because of her?"

Jamie's face was pure white. This was so unlike him. 'What is happening?' she thought.

"Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it." said Newt forcefully.

"Newt, I..." started Thomas, but was cut of when Newt pushed him against the wall vigorously 

"DON'T LIE TO ME!" shouted Newt. The veins pulsing out of his arms. His face full of hatred. Jamie was terrified.

"Don't lie to me!" he said again

"Newt calm down alright, this is getting out of hand." said Jamie running up to him and placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Shut your bloody hole. Don't you think if I wanted you opinion, I would have asked for it by now!" shouted Newt, pushing her away angrily. Jamie almost fell over, but Frypan caught her.

Newt looked around at everyone watching. He saw Brenda covering her mouth. Jorge crossing his arms. Thomas, being held to the wall with his hand. And Jamie, holding on to Frypan. Her eyes were full of terror. Newts face changed and he let go of Thomas.

"Sorry." he said quietly.

He turned towards everyone. He looked over at Jamie.

"I'm sorry." Newts looked as if he were about to cry. So horrified at what he had done.

Newt ran out the door in a flit

Thomas and Jamie looked at each other. Thomas quickly followed after him. Jamie steadied herself and ran after him. They ran to the roof of the building to find Newt, sitting on the edge of the building with his legs dangling over the side. Newt turned around and saw them. He looked at Jamie with glassy eyes. Jamie's heart felt like it was going to break into a million pieces. She quickly ran over to him and pulled him into her arms. 

'What was going on with him?'

Jamie heard Newt sniffle over her shoulder. Newt let her go and looked at the both of them.