Chapter 15: Fire

Song: Fire by Bts

Hongjoong pov
Smoke filled my lungs as I took a breath. After the explosion what happened in our dining room next to the kitchen, I was thrown against the wall. When I tried to breath I coughed since only smoke was around me. "HONGJOONG." I hear Seonghwa shout somewhere next to me.
"Yes." I reply looking around, but I could only see the grey fog caused by the explosion" Where are you? Are you okay?"
"I am fine, I just can't breathe. What about you?" He questions with a raspy voice.
"I was just thrown against the wall, but I don't think I am hurt or anything."
"When have to get out before we suffocate." Seonghwa answers "Talk to me, so I can find your location, the smoke is blinding me."
"I am at near the door to the hallway." I talk to him "Just follow my voice." Then I felt him grab my hand. "Hey honey."
"Hey we have to get ourselves and the others out of here."
"No only ourselves." I reply, "We have a rule that when trouble happens we get out of here and go to our safe house."
"And what if someone can't get out??" Seonghwa asks petrified.
"We hope for the best."
"I can't leave my brothers." He replies through coughs.
"I worry about my family as well; these people are my family and this is one rule we all agreed on. We do not want to put someone else in danger in order to save ourselves.
"My brothers don't know that," He responds before having another coughing fit, followed by one of my own.
"Your brothers are with Yeosang in the basement, he is resourceful they will get out don't worry. "I reply pulling him after me.
"Cover your mouth and nose, we can't inhale to much smoke." He replies giving up.
I coughed a few times and then we saw fire engulfing the place we just stood, the explosion caused a fire that had now reached the kitchen. I pulled Seonghwa after me to a window.
"I can't fit through that." Seonghwa replies looking at how small the window is. I cursed to myself since he was right. I ran to the door to the hallway but that was blocked, we could not get to the dining room because of the fire. Then I remembered something and ran to one of the kitchen cabinets close to the fire. "What are you doing?"
"Getting us out of here." I cough before grabbing a fire extinguisher.
"That won't work, the flames are too high and have enough oxygen." Seonghwa replies before looking around and then the floor collapsed making us fall a level lower from the house. I coughed as I saw the flames above me and looked to my side to Seonghwa was also on the ground. When I got a clearer look I noticed we were in the garage and that the garage door was broken down. I quickly got up and pulled Seonghwa up as I pushed him inside a car that was only a little damaged and drove away leaving the house behind. When I looked in the rear mirror, I saw the flames had spread to the top floor. My eyes shifted to Seonghwa who was looking outside the window worried. I bit my lip as I thought about my brother and the gang that felt as family, I hoped with my whole heart that we didn't make a wrong decision back then when we made the rules for the emergency situations.