XIII. Wakandan Woes

Chapter Thirteen
Alex

I had forgotten how annoying flying commercially is. For years we've had the advantage of Wakandan ships, but with mister thunder in charge, now we are stuck with crying babies, stale pretzels, and crammed spaces.

The only plus side so far is that we've gotten through security very easily. The lady at the desk took one look at us before calling the head of security, who was then told of our need to get to Berlin by Everett. He made Everett and Walker go through regular security but he allowed Soroya and I to pass without it. Apparently Soroya saved his whole apartment building when a plane crashed into it from the blip. While we wait for Everett and Walker to finish up, the security guy has thanked her again and again. Soroya is very humbled by this encounter, I think she's needed to hear some positivity from people after Ross and the accords. Not everyone thinks she's a monster, and I'm glad that this man is here to remind her of how wonderful she is.

Everett and Walker finally make it through security, so the four of us walk towards our gate. While we are on our way, I spot a store with some snacks inside and instantly dart towards it. I'm starving and crappy airport food is exactly what I need. Walker is the only one who follows me inside, Everett and Soroya continue towards the gate.

I grab onto a bunch of candy and snacks while Walker only buys some beef jerky and some Gatorade. As I contemplate what flavor of Pringle's I want, Walker stares at me with raised eyebrows; "What are you ten? Why are you wasting money on candy?"

I gesture to the Pringle's. "And snacks. My metabolism works faster than yours, pal. I have the appetite of a fully grown lion."

Walker shuts his mouth as we pay for everything and make our way towards the others. Soroya and Everett are both sitting at our gate, but they aren't alone. A little boy is talking to Soroya with a wide grin, and as we get closer to them, I see he has a shirt on that says; 'the savage' with half of Soroya's face connected with half of a wolf's face.

He's asking Soroya for an autograph, which Soroya happily gives. I set my bag of snacks down on the floor and sit next to her, making the boy's eyes fall to me. "You're her brother aren't you?" He asks me excitedly.

I smile down at him. "Last time I checked. I'm Alex, what's your name, kid?"

"Milo. What's your superhero name? You gotta have a name if you're a shapeshifter. It's the rules."

I share a chuckle with my sister, looking back down at the kid. I've actually given this a lot of thought recently. HYDRA nicknamed me 'the untamed' but it doesn't roll off the tongue. Now that I'll be working with the UN and the Avengers, it is time that I have a new name.

"How about 'the shifter'? That's a kickass name don't you think?"

The boy's mother glares at me for saying a bad word in front of her son, but the boy doesn't really care. He clearly thinks that my superhero name is cool. As the boy is ushered away by his mom, Soroya elbows me in the side, letting out a soft chuckle.

"Really, Alex?"

I hold my hands up defensively. "What? That is a kickass name."

"I think 'the shifter' suits you." Everett says to me encouragingly.

Walker just sits there silently and eats his jerky, looking towards the small boy rather disappointedly. Feeling a bit annoyed, I turn in my seat towards him and say; "If you have something to say, why don't you just say it. We're all adults here."