Chapter 9: Day 2; Marvel Games Coverage Episode 1

Chapter 9: Day 2: Marvel Games Coverage Episode 1:

As the second day of the Marvel Games dawns, we find our first Civilian Tribute, Estelle Arrowsmith, hiding in a storage hatchet, underneath the Tarmac in the arena. It appears as if shes been separated from the Human Torch, her only hope for an alliance during the first days of the Games. Shes found rope, ration packs and a water bottle in the backpack she picked up from the Cornucopia yesterday, along with a very handy throwing knife; which was of course, thrown at her by the ever so angry, Jackson Stiles.

Speaking of Jackson, hes been spotted hiding in the steel rafters above the Cornucopia, stock piling all the supplies he can find. One of the biggest supplies he has though is part of the Iron Man armour. As you all know, the heroes cannot take in anything besides themselves same rules apply to Civilians. But that means Captain America had to find his shield, Thor had to retrieve his hammer and Johnny is yet to find his flame-resistant suit.

In Iron Mans previous Games experience, his suit had been in its brief case form, easy for him to access. This year though, the Council has decided to put a little spin on things. The Iron Man suit has been dismantled into several different parts and scattered around the arena for any tribute to find or stumble upon.

It seems the first tribute to have stumbled across a piece is Jackson Stiles, who has one of the repusler beams.

Nearby is Thor, locked in a room alone trying to figure out what to do with himself while alliances are forming all around him.
Across from him, a mere four rooms away are Civilian Tributes Lenora Roberts and Ryan Hames, who have joined forces in an attempt to stay alive
and it is working so far.

The next alliance, hauled up in the medical wing of the hellicarrier-arena, is Bruce Banner and Tony Stark. An old friendship already, this alliance was bound to happen, and it Tony finds his suit fast enough, could bring them far in the Games. With both of their brains, and the Hulks brawn, they could definitely knock out a few of the top contenders.

And, on the other side of the floating arena, we find one of the most unlikely alliances weve ever seen. Captain America and the Human Torch, now, we all thought the Human Torch was teaming up with Estelle Arrowsmith but it seems the Torch has ditched that equation and climbed aboard Freedom in tight pants.
It
s no secret that these two heroes have a pretty rocky relationship, but statistics wise theyre a perfect match and like Bruce and Tony, could go pretty far in this years Games.

Thats all for tonights Marvel Games Coverage. Im Nick Fury, and this is my co-host, Maria Hill. Well see you next time. And remember; youre all burdened with a glorious purpose.

***

Author's Note:
So I got the idea for when nothing much happens on the days during the Games, I'll do these 're-cap' chapters. I call them 'the Marvel Games Coverage episodes.'

I spent ages trying to get the voice right for this chapter, like a commentary but also a bit like Nick Fury -I hope I got it right. :)

So what do you think about the alliances? The lone wolves? Who do you think will be the next to get the axe?

Until next time!

*huggles* arielleblack.