Chapter 28

I read the letter and started crying. He never read it, but we fell in love. We lived together, like we were newly weds. I miss those times.

I was sobbing and slowly drifted off to sleep.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I was too harsh on Tae. I wanted to apologise to him, so I drove to his house.

It was really late, but I wanted to see him, even if he was asleep.

"Hey Kook"

"Hello Mr.Kim, did Tae come home?"

"Yes. But he went to his room without eating"

"I'll go check on him then"

I walked to his room and entered...

He was lying on the bed with Yeontan next to him. I went closer and sat next to him on the bed.

His cheeks were painted with dried tears, his eye lashes still wet. His face was red and puffy meaning he cried for a long time.

I caressed his forehead and went down to his cheeks.

"I'm sorry Tae. I didn't mean to say that. I know you love me" I told my sleeping beauty.

I saw a paper in his hand. I tried to take it but he was holding on to it tightly. I got it to his chest and hugged it with both of his hands.

"Only K-Kookie reads this..." he said in his sleep. 

I turned on the night lamp and shone it on the paper

"Dear Jungkook,..."

I read the letter, it said 'Jungkook' so it was the love letter he was supposed to give on that day.

"I don't want you to go Kookie... but you must marry her" he said in his sleep again as tears trailed down his cheeks.

Never in my life have I cried... but tears were falling off my eyes.

Tae is struggling a lot. I have to come up with something.

I thought I should probably meet that girl and ask her if there's any other way.

But now, I should be with Tae.

I pulled the blankets on us as I snuggled in with him. I pulled his waist and got his body close to mine. I was missing his warmth and I finally got to feel it again. He wrapped his arms around my neck and placed his head on my chest. He was still sleeping.

I remembered he can't sleep without hugging something.

"Night Kookie"

"Sweet dreams Tae"

AUTHOR'S POV

The next morning, they woke up next to each other.

"What are you doing here Kookie?"

"I was harsh on you yesterday so I came to apologise and you were sleeping"

"And you cuddled with me"

"Yeah"

"You know... you could just meet that girl"

"That's why I cuddled with you... for the last time. I'm gonna meet her. I'll tell my dad about it"

Taehyung didn't want him to go, but he had no choice.

"So we're no longer a couple"

-----

Jungkook and Taehyung went to his place to talk to Mr. Jeon.

"Father"

"Kook, and Tae"