"Is it love?" chapter 14

He was hearing all of it, his rat's ears perceived a sound of talking in the dojo, but he wouldn't intrude into his sons' arguing, so he just continued his meditation, trying not to listen what Leonardo and Raphael were saying.

But wait..Isn't Raphael the angry one this time? Why is Leonardo so acid? His ears raised up as the curiousity for the unusual switching of roles into the fighting.

"You have something wrong cause you still don't seem to realise what I want!"

"What! What the shell ya wanna then?! Tell me!"

His father couldn't ignore the words that his oldest son was saying to the second older "what are they talking about?"
Surprisingly, Raphael didn't answer at those bad words, he just left...this isn't something that he usually does, yeah he often leaves, but never without letting those offenses with no offending back.
He kept to look at Leonardo, frowning slightly as he felt how disturbed was his son's mind.

Alright, he has to find out what is going on.

__________________________

Running. He was just running.

Where?

He doesn't know.

Just running.

The red tails of his mask hovering behind him.

The sewers were big, he could've found a place where to stop, knowing he is far enough from him.

But it never felt far enough.

Surface? No, it's still morning.

So he keeps to run there, he didn't want to stop.
Cause he knows that if he stops running, thoughts will reach his mind. And it will hurt.
He wanted his mind to be focused on the sound of his panting, on the burning of his legs, on the moving of his arms, on the splashing of the water under his feet and on the hammering of his heart in his ears.

But he couldn't run forever.

One of his foot slipped, and he hasn't had enough energies for getting back the bilance. He falls ahead, hitting his knee and then his plastron on the ground, still moving ahead cause of the velocity he was going with; he felt the air getting away from his lungs as he hit the ground with the chest, he puts his hands in front of him for stopping to move ahead, scratching slightly his palms.

Following the sound of the splash and the thud, there was the breathe of him, that was heavy and slightly shaky.
After some time he uses his arms for raising up his plastron and face from the dirty water, but his hands, kneels and feet were still immersed.
All the movements that he was doing in the water would resound through the tubes and the empty space around, making him feel really lonely.

Lonely.

He feels so lonely.

He drags listlessly his body towards the wall in the side, where there wasn't water anymore, he leans heavily his back to the wall, still panting softly.

He feels like a rag.

A wet dirty rag.

The wet of the sewers' water is mixed with his sweat, making him feel sticky. He removes his mask, putting it next to him and after few time, a new kind of liquid goes through his cheeks.

Thoughts reached his mind.
And he was right.
It hurts. A lot.

"He doesn't love me."

A slight chuckle came out from his lips.

"I am so stupid..I am so damn stupid"
More tears fell, he hugs his legs with an arm, while with the other hand was covering his eyes, lowering his head on his knees, he wanted to keep tears inside, but when also sobs came, he gives up in his pain.
It's stupid, he is crying for a person, he never cried for a person, damn he forgot the last time he let himself to tear up.
But what else can he do? His heart got taken, stroked, kissed and loved, but then hit, thrown away and got broken..
All this from the same person.

Cracks filled his heart all the time Leonardo would ignore him, all the time all of his brothers ignored him, all the time that he found himself alone in his room, neither his buddy Chompy was helping him enough, and Casey? Pft..he understands nothing of it..

But cracks won't come anymore, since by now, as he left the dojo, his heart got completely shattered. After all who wouldn't feel like this, knowing that none of his family loved him anymore?

Splinter? No, whatever happens he would always be at Leo's side.

Nobody would understand.

___________________________

He watches at his brother leaving the dojo, and then the lair.

Is he sorry for what he said?

No.

Does he regret it?

No.

Is he glad for what he did then?

No.

Does he feel something?

Not at all.

Emotionless, his eyes were ice, his heart as well.

Emptiness.

He was about to leave, he just wants to go in the darkness of his room.
But a voice stopped him.

"Wait my son, we have got to talk."