"Is it love?" Chapter 13

He ran out of the building, leaving his brother behind, leaving his love behind..

His heart was cold, as much as his blue-ice eyes, he reaches the lair, but instead of going in the dojo like always, telling Splinter how the patrol went, he headed directly his room, locking the door after him.

Leonardo rarely regrets his choises, since he thinks about those for long, he never took a choise without thinking.

Just when the choise was about Raphael, he didn't think at all.

He followed his heart, he didn't think, he just acted, and he couldn't stop to do it, since his hot head brother is so unpredictable. Everything with Raph was going with instinct, desire and passion, there was no thinking, no worrying about consequences.

"And this had to stop."

He is the leader, he can't waste his time with these useless things, he must think, he must use his brain, and if he is distracted by a pointless relationship, he can't be a good leader.

"Then it couldn't have worked, we are too different."

What Leo doesn't know though, is that, when he was in that pointless relationship, he was actually already better, he was a perfect bilance of brain and heart.

It could've worked.

If he hadn't done such a big mistake.

He was breaking the heart of someone that used it for being himself, his perfect himself.

And also, he was breaking his own heart. Leo's heart didn't want to leave Raph, but the brain wanted, and the brain won.

But not always the choises done with the head are the most reasonable. Leonardo thought that this was the best thing to do, when it just made things worse.

Leonardo rarely regrets his choises, and he is not going to regret it too.

But why then tears were falling through his cheeks?

Why does it hurt so much, even if this was the best choise?

Why does he suddenly feel so lonely..?

He doesn't know.

He just wipes his tears.

And leaves his heart to become always more and more emotionless.

"It's the right thing to do. Following the heart is wrong. I must follow just the brain."

_________________

Raphael came back to the lair a bit of time later, everyone were in their rooms to sleep, and Splinter too, since Mikey and Donnie lied to him, saying that Raph would've stood to Casey still for a bit longer.

He heads the kitchen, approaching the fridge, as he opened it he took some leaves of lettuce, and after closing the fridge, he got also some pizza crust that was left into the pizza's box on the table. Then, he gets into his room:
"Hey Chompy, I brought ya to eat"
He approaches his little bud, that was waiting for him on his bed. The little alien tortoise, as he saw his owner, shows up his tongue with a wide smile, panting like a puppy dog.

Raph smiles slightly at his friend, sitting on the bed next to him, starting to feed him. While he was feeding him tho, he moves his look on the wall in front of him; there was a pretty big paint, where he drew and colored Leo, together with his hero Captain Ryan, in the background a really beautiful view of the space, it was like a giant personalized poster, he worked on that for so many days..
A sudden will to tear that away and rip it off came in his mind, but he just took a deep breath, looking at Chompy again:
"Everything will settle down, it's not really over"
He thought, deciding to still keep an hope.