II. Hers

Hey there.

She smiles and does a small little wave.

Do you remember our first date? I do, and that was one of the most romantic things you ever did.

She leans over the camera and reaches behind it. She sits back down with a dress in her hand.

I wore this red dress, and you wore that pitch black suit with a white vest underneath and a royal blue tie. Your hair was perfect, and your  pants matched with your shiny black shoes. I wanted to go over and hug you, but the restaurant was too fancy, and I didn't want to embarrass you.

Then I started telling you this story from when I was younger, and told you you were a great listener. Then you teased me and said I was a great talker. I blushed and laughed, and then you ordered spaghetti. I couldn't believe you remembered The Lady and the Tramp was my favorite child's movie, but you did.

We ate as slow as possible until we reached the last noodle. That one was almost perfect. We were about to finish it when it broke, and I wanted you to kiss me so badly. I could see it in your eyes that you wanted to... but you held back- you didn't.

Why didn't you kiss me? Why did you hold back and save it? Ha, I'm just kidding myself. You'll probably never even see this. If you are watching this, then please write to me. Just mail something, or email me- you even still have my number.

She laughs and blushes.

You probably deleted it by now. Either that or I'm at the bottom of your contact list. Our last text was the day we broke up. I remember that day, but I'm saving that for another disk.

She holds up a photo.

But anyway, this was the picture after the date. It was just plain and simple- a selfie with my phone. This time I was actually looking at the camera. In all the rest I'm looking at you. Either at those beautiful green eyes or those perfect lips... If you're watching this you're probably laughing at me. Or at least when I knew you you would be, but now I don't know the first thing about you.

She looks down at her watch.

Right now I'm checking my watch and I have to go. But I'll still be thinking of you, I'll still think of you just as much as I did when we were together. A few years ago, if someone asked I would've said we were perfect, but now I don't think so. Just remember I still think of you.

She reaches over and turns off the camera. The disc ejects, and she writes 2 on the back. She puts in it a cover and places it on top of her first tape.