CHAPTER 15- Undercover Mission

☘️Andrea Borjan☘️

THIS has been my cue to left the room after the fight but, somehow, I managed to stay because of the situation. Seeing them two at my distance left me to think how their friendship started and why it ended up like this. It was a moment of silence when Riley started crying, Mandy couldn't do anything but to stare her.

"I'm sorry for what I did...," Riley sobs in tears. "if we could just start over...- and forget this thing like it never happened." I heard her deep breaths. She was trying to keep her pace but the emotions are controlling her.

"I'm willing to restart our friendship, among other things. Just.., please forgive me!" What I feel for Riley was a shattered glass. She's been sorry. She begged for acceptance; she continued crying until Mandy could hear her.

"I'm sorry Riley, I accept your apology but it's over. We can no longer be friends." Riley was shocked. She could not believe what she heard. I shift my gaze to Mandy; I can tell through her expression that she's holding back her tears. It is true that Riley is very important to her.

"Why?"

If I could just help their broken friendship to get back in track, I really loved to help. But I'm in no position to do so. In fact, Mandy's personality is a bit intimidating when having a conversation but I can feel she has a soft spot when it comes to taking care of a friend.

"If our friendship seems to be in this way, let it fade out on its own." She sighed.

"I fight countless times to save our friendship, I cried over a million tears and it felt like a cassette hurting me all over again." Mandy left her without saying good bye. I gave a half smile to Riley before reaching to Mandy. She'll soon hopefully understand that Mandy made a risky choice.

There could be another explanation why Riley's action is different from Mandy. Is this the reason why Mandy came into our school?

"Salamat sa pagligtas sa akin." I gave a warm smile to Mandy. I don't think she responded me with her smile because she was out of space.

"I didn't save you," Her cold voice started to kink in. "I was trapped because of you and I did my way to save myself."

We are on our way back to the hall. I forgot how many hours it went just to have fresh air. Life there is suffocating and I don't want to mess again with Riley, never!

"Growing apart from people is okay and natural but don't you think life is kind of boring without friends accompanying you?" I started confronting Mandy to change her decision. Sana gumana nga.