CHAPTER 18- Aren't We Connected?

🌗 Zilt Vermoso 🌗

IT was a cold, windy night. I was just standing beneath the shore, looking far away as the sounds of the waves are quick and strong to my ear. I felt very lonely because the place was new to me and I had never been here before.

I was looking for someone, hoping I am not the only one in this place. I couldn't pronounce her name but I remember her by face.

Every step that my foot touches the sand was the tears that kept falling because there was no one to console me. But suddenly, someone called out my name and cupped my as face soon as she saw me.

I was shocked and I couldn't move a little bit longer.

My body froze when I can recognize her.

She was the one I am looking for.

"Zilt, look at me." I heard her soft voice that calmed my trembling hands.

I've thought I lost someone important to me.

I knew she would come back to me!

I smiled genuinely. I brushed her hair that was blocking her face because of the wind. In response, she giggled that I really loved to hear.

I was about to reply her but there was no sound coming from my mouth.

I can't talk what I wanted to tell her,

I was frightened what would happen next.

"Are you alright?" She said. Her face became worried. My eyes twitched from gold to black, I can see this by merely looking for the reflection of my eyes to her.

I felt the different ambiance which I ran to hug her tightly. I was feeling apologetic at that time, I could not share my feeling and sorrows to her. Eventually, the voice came out from my heart was to say, "help me!"

"Zilt what's happening?!" Her voice cracked. All I could do is to look her reaction. I want to punch myself for not talking. What a dumbass jerk!

"You're changing," I know.

I said in my mind...

It was too late for me to become normal again.

"Don't go!" She's about to cry when I cupped her cheeks reaching towards mine. Our lips locked when our view seems to slowly disappear to our peripheral vision.

I run my fingers through her hair. She gives a silent sigh which makes me melt and fall straight into her.

I was crying as I was losing those memories, I could not remember anything at all and I wanted to relieve those beautiful moments again.

But it was impossible for me, this is not me anymore.

For the first and last time, I damped her cherry lips making her to feel that I loved her even though there was no sound coming from me.