Chapter Five

Kirito's POV

I noticed that Asuna had taken the wrong order to the wrong table. I was a bit nervous to tell her, and I didn't really feel like approaching anyone right now.

My heart was still beating quickly, I hate to admit it but, Asuna scares me a lot of the time. And there's always consequences after we have an argument.

It's like the time I first said no to her about having sex. At the time she said it was okay and everything, but the next day...
She took away all my pills.
From my antidepressants to my Xanax.

I spent ages searching for them, even the ones we kept at the cafe were missing. That day was one of the worst, there was the huge danger of a relapse. But Asuna didn't seem to care, and after a whole day of not having my medicine I began to feel sick.

There was too much going on in my head at the time that I started to get desperate, Lisbeth was constantly by my side, searching for my pills too.

I shook the memory away, hopefully she would never do it again.

I looked down, suddenly taking a huge interest in the countertop. Was she going to insist on having sex again tonight? Would she hurt me?

We hadn't really had an argument recently, and even though this wasn't really that intense, I was still worried.

I noticed that the customer Asuna had just given the wrong order to stood up, and I knew he was about to come over here to correct it.

I didn't look up, as I seemed to almost be too afraid to move.

"Uhm excuse me? I think I got the wrong order..." he said, his voice sounded like liquid gold. How can that be?

I then heard Asuna burst out of the back room and push past me, it happened so quickly, and I almost fell over.

"I'm so sorry! Please go back to your seat and I'll be back with the right order." She said, almost frantically.

I looked towards her, then at the boy who had already started walking away.

"Uhh I could have handled that you know." I said, suddenly feeling a slight pain in my arm- I must have bumped into the counter.

"Just let me sort it out. You've caused enough trouble for now." She said through clenched teeth.

I almost snapped back, but I knew better than that and decided to just watch her work.

When she had finished the order she left it on the counter, I didn't know if she was going to take it herself so I left it for a few minutes.

What was all that about? She never interrupts when either me or Lisbeth are at the counter... it was almost as if she didn't want me to see that person, but I don't understand why.

I noticed that Asuna had retreated to the back room, so I settled on taking the order out for her. I looked down at the tray and took note of the choices, they seemed very child-like. A hot chocolate and our season special peppermint creams.

Cute.

I picked up the tray and the receipt, reading over it just to make sure it was correct, and walked towards the boys table.

"I'm so sorry about that, we've been so busy today. There's a lot of orders going through our heads!" I said, while placing the tray in front of him.

"A-ahh thank you so much." He replied, and looked up at me.

We made eye contact.

I swear my heart stopped beating for a second.

That's my eye colour... staring right at me.

I took note of the flaxen hair atop his head, it looked very familier... he was handsome, from the depth of his green-blue eyes, to the gentle expression on his face... I noticed that the eye that held my own colour was slowly turning back into his own coloured iris.

There was a mysterious ache in my heart as I realised who this person was...

"Y-your eyes..." I muttered, almost too in shock to comprehend what had just happened.

"Yours too..." he replied, a small gasp escaping his lips.

There was a moment of comfortable silence, as we let the situation sink in.

Wait my soulmate is a guy!?
He's really cute though...
Oh my god, oh my god. This is actually my soulmate?!

I had been standing there for quite a while, and I realised I still had work to do.

"L-listen, I uhm, can you stay here until I've finished my shift?" I asked, my nerves getting to me. I saw him hesitate slightly, but I could tell he was just as excited as I was.

"Sure I'll wait... what's your name by the way?" He asked, a light blush was now dusted across his cheeks.

"I-I'm Kirito, it's nice to meet you." I replied, mentally cursing myself for stuttering.

"It's nice to meet you too, my name is Eugeo." He said, giving me a warm smile. I returned that gesture, and made my way back to the counter.

I was almost too shocked to concentrate on my orders, but I carried on working till all of them were at the appropriate tables.

Asuna's going to notice my eyes...

Just as I was thinking about Asuna, she seemed to appear out of the back room again. I tried my best not to make eye contact with her.

"Did you take that order up?" She asked, resting a hand on my shoulder.

I tensed up slightly.

"Y-Yeah, I also finished everyone else's while you were back there..." I replied, turning my head away.

"Why aren't you looking at me?" She said, her grip tightening on my shoulder.

I didn't reply, and just decided to wait until she turned me around.

"I asked you a question... Kazuto." She demanded.

I froze at the use of that name, she knew that it was a trigger hazard... she was definitely trying to hurt me this time.

I couldn't move, the feeling that I was in danger was too strong, and I knew I couldn't overpower it. Asuna knew all my weak spots, and seemed to poke at them constantly, I don't know how long I can handle it.

I felt my breathing pick up, the beating of my heart increased in pace, and I wasn't fully aware of my surroundings anymore.

I must have blacked out, because the last thing I remember is hearing that golden voice, not Asuna's...

——