|10|

Charles pulled over in front of Claire and Stephen's house, i got out of the car just to play with Chris and Daniel, while Charles and Sean were talking.

Sean's pov.

Looks like Daniel found a new brother -Charles said and i lightly chuckled-.

-No kidding... he dumped me like a rock. -I said while Chris and Daniel were throwing snowballs at (y/n) as she was acting like a monster-. Raaawr! 

-I'm glad you three came along... It's great that Chris found a new friend out here... -Charles said and i nodded-. And looks like you did too... just wanted to ask, are you and (y/n) something? just asking... you two seem so close. Almost like a couple. -I blushed but avoided eye contact with him-. 

-Uh. What do you mean...? -I asked him-. 

-Come on, don't play me! i've seen how you look at her and how she looks at you either... -He sighed-. 

-No, we're just... friends? -I said now looking at (y/n)-. 

-Friends don't look at theirselves like that, Sean... but maybe you don't know it yet... Talking about girls. What's her name?.

-Who? -I asked-. 

-That cutie you were talking to by the market... -Charles said and i knew he was talking about Cassidy. She's pretty cool, i wish i could've know about her more-.

-Yeah! That girl. -I said-. She was cool.

I'm gonna get y'all! And i'm gonna eat you both! Muahaha

Run, chris! You're too quick!

Ah!

Got ya!

-Anyway... It's good for me to get out too... -Charles said-. We've had a rough time over the past couple of years... My wife, Emily... She died two years ago. -His tone sounded sad. Of course, i know that feeling, dad...-. Obviously, it was tough on Chris... -He sighed-. Shit...

-I'm sorry man... -I said, feeling bad for him, i didn't know what to say either. Conversations like this are hard for me-. 

-Thanks... -He said-. It's been a struggle... Especially... trying to be a good dad...

-Do you have some... kind of problems? -I asked him-.

-Not the man i was... -Me and Charles kept talking about his problems. He even told me that Claire has been threatening Charles on calling social services because they're worried about Chirs. I only talked about Karen...-.

 -I hope they don't stress out because we haven't come back... -I said smiling at him-. 

-Yeah, we should get you three home... Don't keep them waiting... -He said and i got out of the car, seeing that Chris and Daniel were still playing and (y/n) looking at them with a warm motherly smile-.

-Yeah... -Chris and Daniel approached Charles car and Daniel came to me. Chris and Charles left and we entered the house, but it seemed that Claire and Stephen wasn't home yet. Gladly, so they don't freak out-. 

-Looks like Grandma and Grandpa haven't come back from church yet. -Daniel said looking around-.

-Well... At least they won't yell at us for going out... -I said and i looked and (y/n) and she smiled at me-. 

-That was so cool to spend time with Chris at the market! -Daniel said-. Did you know that Chris's mom was an artist? 

-I... Didn't -I said but he seemed a little bit off, maybe he's into something. I swear if he brings up that shit about Karen's room...-. How so? -I said-.