Risk

Two days passed at the hot springs. Between eating, making love, resting, and dancing to his music, I was able to get to the reading that Mitsunari sent. Nobunaga receives updates from Azuchi twice a day from Hideyoshi and every time Nobunaga mentions him it sends me into those daydreams of what it might be like to sleep between them.

The fighting styles Mitsunari sent me were focused on  ninja techniques and assassination strategies, topics he knew I was fond of. I filed it away in my mind near my dream as tools that could be useful.

I found the scroll of mythology much more fascinating. The ancient struggle between the spirits, constantly fighting to rule the human world. For a millennia the throne was in endless fluctuation until the oldest, the fox, tricked all of his siblings into giving him pieces of their power, making no one stronger than the other, accept him. Under the foxes control there was peace for a millennia and that's where the scroll ended.

A storm had rolled in, our room was lit by candles and the sky rolled out its symphony above us. I lay on my stomach facing the end of the futon and engrossed in the story for the second time when Nobunaga stirred beside me. He held one of my feet and kissed the arch of my foot with a hum. He continued kissing my ankle and my calf, leaving trails of warmth and desire on my skin. When he reached the top of the back of my thighs his warm strong hands pressed and squeezed my cheeks firmly and hummed again.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" I asked as his hands continue to press and move my muscles.

"I do enjoy touching you." He said as his hands left my body. I missed them immediately.

"Then why did you stop." I pulled my hips back towards him, stretching my arms and shoulders forward, making a show of it all with a moan, beckoning him to touch me again. He laughed as he got up on his knees behind me and ran his hands from my hips pulled me back and into his lap as I giggled.

He cradled me in his arms and kissed my forehead. "We have plenty of time for more of that later, I want to know what has my Phoenix's mind so captured."

I shifted in his arm so I could wrap my legs around his waist and sit in the nest that his legs made for me. "Mitsunari continues to find and send me things to read like you requested him to." I rested my hands on his shoulders. "Did I ever thank you for that?" I asked as I moved my hands up the sides of his neck and into his soft black hair.

"It made me happy to do it." He rubbed his nose to mine. "I read the tactical information. That's not the one you're reading for a second time." He said as his hands pressed against my lower back.

"I've been reading the story of the great spirit animals and how the first kitsune tricked them into submission and gained his tails." My mind was far from the story, it was flooded with the desire to be consumed by him and his warmth.

He pulled away with a half smile and light in his eyes. "I know the story well. It's one that inspires me." His hands moved over the black silk robe up my back.

"You aspire to be like the kitsune?" I asked as I rocked my hips towards him.

"It can be an effective tactic of control and rule." He leaned back on his elbows. "As long as you can guarantee that none of them will band together to overthrow you."

"So that's why Mitsunari sent it." I mused as I climbed off of him. He huffed in disappointment when I dismounted. . "Why did you leave my lap?" He pouted.

"I'm sorry my love. I wanted to see the storm." I grabbed a blanket from the pile near the bed. I reached my hand back towards him. "Join me?"

"Always." He rose, and took my hand and I lead him towards the patio off the back that looked out over a small garden with a large water feature that allowed for a small bridge. Near the water the irises are still in bloom and the paths are shaded by wisteria.