Backstory

A/N: Happy birthday to me! I hope you enjoy this second part of my birthday's 3 chapter drop! 

When I woke up the sun was just beginning to rise and I was suddenly aware of the lack of body heat behind me. I turned to find that in place of Hideyoshi there was a note just beside the futon. When I turned to retrieve it I disturbed Nobunaga and he woke up. He yawned as he sat up and stretched his arms. "Did it really happen? Or was it a dream?" He asked sleepily.

I opened the note. "Good morning. I didn't want to risk being found by staff in our bliss this morning. My room is just next to yours. Breakfast in the garden?"

I handed the note to my sleepy husband. "See for yourself." He read it and I watched as the smile conquered his face just before lunging towards me and pulling me into his lap. "I love you Rina. Did you enjoy it?"

I ran my fingers across his jawline. "Very much." He kissed me deeply. I could feel the admiration through his lips.

The staff was informed of our plans for a private picnic and set it all out under a large tree. As we ate Nobunaga and I couldn't avoid noticing the concerned look on Hideyoshi's face and distracted way he ate. I had finally had enough and decided to crawl over to him and into his lap, straddling his hips as Nobunaga stood and got behind the worried looking man and sit behind him. He lay back, resting his head on Nobunaga's lap and I leaned forward to rest my head on his chest.

Nobunaga ran his fingers through the honey colored hair by his face. "What is bothering you Hide?"

He sighed and thought for another moment before speaking. "I don't want to ruin this with all of my questions and concerns."

I picked my head up to speak. "What if your questions and concerns can all be answered and resolved?"

Hideyoshi laughed. "Then I would suspect that you practice magic."

Nobunaga stared out over the garden as he spoke matter of factly. "She is a phoenix." Another heavy sigh from Hideyoshi made me worried and Nobunaga saw it and reacted. "You should still take a wife— and you should give her a child as quickly as possible so she won't bother you." I reached to slap Nobunaga for speaking so politically and about such a topic. Hideyoshi caught my arm though and gave me a stern look followed by gentle words. "He's right. It's expected of me to do so soon, and it would only be a marriage of duty." His hand slid to my shoulder and down to my back his other hand reach towards Nobunaga's face. "It could never be anything like this though."

I hat it, but they are right. He needs to secure his own legacy. My eyebrows knit as I came to a realization of my own. "You won't enter me until you know I'm carrying an Oda, or am I wrong in my thinking?"

Nobunaga was the one to respond. "There can be no question who's child you carry, so until you're with child— we will make other arrangements."

I pouted. I could already feel Hideyoshi under me, slowly growing from the topic of conversation. "What kind of arrangements? We aren't introducing another woman, if that's what your thinking. I can hardly stand the idea of him with a wife."

They both laughed and the vibrations from his diaphragm shook me against him. Nobunaga saw the slight blush in my cheeks. He reached for my face as he leaned closer to me and above Hideyoshi's face our noses touched as he whispered. "There are several other gates he can enter between the two of us." Hideyoshi let out a meek "oh?" A sound I'm going to grow accustomed to I'm sure.

We turned our heads down to him, our heads staying connected by our foreheads now as Nobunaga continued. "I know you'll be gentle and patient with us. Unless the rumors aren't true?"