Chapter Nine

Patricia couldn't wrap her head around the question of the boss's son. He was like a friend to her. George uses her like his spear tyre but she had no problem with that because he reminded her each day that she is their house slave. He confined  in her the deepest secrets of their family.

Thinking about it made Patricia sick. From what Sarah told her, George is her first cousin.

No no no no... He wouldn't.

She watched Sarah sleeping peacefully like the angel she is. Stroking her hair Sarah woke up and saw Patricia in tears.

"What happened Aunty Pat? Why are you crying?"

She quickly sat up.

"It's nothing dear, how do you feel now?"

She asked cupping her face still in tears.

"I'm fine, but why am I still in bed? a..nd  my head hurt a little." Touching her head groaning.

"Why? you've not been yourself since last night. Can't you remember anything?" She asked wiping the tears with her palms.

She shook her head in disagreement.

"How about sir George? Does that ring a bell?"

"Oh, I saw him with a girl when I got home yesterday from school."

Patricia felt relieved to hear another girl mentioned.

"Okay. So?"

"Well, they gave us some drinks and I can't remember the rest."

She shrugged her shoulders.

"Sarah I found you here sleeping with a stench."

"Forgive me Auntie I can't remember."

Patricia stood up and paced.

"How can you go into his room alone Sarah? That was dangerous!"

"Dangerous how? I still don't understand, he is my brother."

"Cousin Sarah!"

"It's the same thing Aunty Pat" she said pulling her to sit on her bed.

"All I know is that, he was also with a friend who was friendly towards me."

"And what did his friend say or do to you?"

"He gave me some of their drinks, the boss was not mad so I took it." Said said bitting her down lip.

Patricia cuffed her hands and said. "Listen to me my dear, being alone with guys like them means danger. Do you understand?"

Sarah saw fear in Patricia's eyes and it scared her.

"Aunty Pat, what is going on?"

"Sarah, go and ease yourself and come back. Then I will tell you everything."

"Okay" she got up from the bed and walked to the bathroom.

"My gosh!"
Sarah screamed from the bathroom.

Patricia knowing what has happened didn't go to her but broke down and cried.

"Auntie, please help me, it hurt so b..ad" she was screaming from the bathroom.

She managed and opened the door but crawled to the bed where Patricia was weeping.

"YOU HAVE BEEN RAPED Sarah"

Sarah cried herself to sleep. Patricia could only pray.

Father, I have failed you.
Have mercy on me
I beg for forgiveness Lord
I can still do it Lord, with your grace