Chapter Fifteen

Jane was miserable after the death of her friend Rebecca, she longed for the peace Sarah and Patricia spoke about. She sent one of her girls to buy her a bible, after going through it many times for months she couldn't understand anything. Her son hated the situation of his mother, the clients were beginning to complain and business was not going well as before.

Vincent, Jane son got Sarah's contact from someone who knew her brothers. He gave his mother her number and she couldn't wait to speak to her.

"Mom, you have to calm down and think about what you are going to tell her before you dial the number." He told her, collecting her phone from her.

"Son, you don't understand. I need to speak to her as soon as possible, I need her to explain some things to me." she said stretching out her arm to collect the phone back.

"Okay, just don't beg that brat for anything alright? I'm sure she has done something to you in the village to avenge her mother's death." He grumbled and walked out of her room.

Jane thought about Sarah's reactions when she spoke to her in the village and wondered what she will do if she calls her now. She dialed the number and fixed the phone at her right ear waiting for the response.

"Hello,"

"Sarah?"

"It's me, your godmother Jane."

"How are you doing?"

"Please when can I speak with you? I really want you to help me with something very important."

"Ummm, okay after your class tomorrow?"

"It's okay, I will call you tomorrow then."

She dropped the phone with her cheeks up. The feeling of happiness took over her after listening to Sarah's voice for some reason she couldn't explain.

Becky my friend, I'm sorry that I made you leave this world before your time.

She ate and slept well that day. Vincent wasn't pleased with his mother's new behavior. He has always wanted all the money and fine ladies without working hard for it. But now, she has stopped recruiting young girls from the village. Whatever is the plan of that Sarah, he will not allow her to succeed.

The next day Jane spoke with Sarah, Sarah encouraged her to speak with a priest if she doesn't feel comfortable with the pastors because of the treatment she got from their wives and other women in the churches she visited. Jane loved the idea and didn't waste any time at all.

She went to a priest and confessed everything to him. He encouraged her to start anew, starting from bringing down the parlour and setting the girls free. Jane decided to close her parlour and use the money to train the girls in skill acquisitions. She did this after the priest told her the story of the lawyer who approached Jesus in the bible in Matthew 19: 16-21.

Vincent was very furious with his mother's decision and decided to call Sarah.

Sarah couldn't believe what he was accusing her of when he called. Patricia was ever ready to support her. Patricia told her that as lovers of Christ, there are always trials and tribulations but trusting on the promises of Christ, victory will prevail.

Jane didn't mind what people were saying about her. She dedicated her life to the services of God only.

####

Leonard began making preparations for his marriage with Sarah. His parents gave their support and made sure he make available all that is necessary for the marriage rights.

They both agreed and planned online through chats and video calls.

Sarah was exhausted after some series of classes and was trying to sleep before her reading late at night. She yawned and was about to turn off the light when her phone rang.