Chapter Seventeen

Sarah finally answered Leonard's call. She agreed to go to the park with him for some quite time together. After all she had some good news to share with him.

They embraced for a long time before sitting on bench by a tree. Leonard dried her tears with his handkerchief and kissed her forehead.

"My love, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this because of me." He said looking into her eyes.
She smiled and held his hands.

"No problem, I have to tell you that they is a solution now."

She narrated everything Patricia told. Leonard was pleased to know that his prayers has been answered. They spent quality time laughing and talking about their plans to travel home for the traditional rights.

Sarah filled the room with what they talked about with her future husband. Patricia couldn't hide her joy as she watched Sarah followed her to everywhere talking about Leonard.

"Come o, how many times have I brought up this matter about your love and you denied. And see how his name is just sweet on lips. L...Leoooo"

"Aunty Pat, that's not fair o"

Sarah said stamping her feet.

"What e..ver! Set the table please, I'm starving."

Patricia said bypassing her.

"If I stop talking to you now you will complain...." Sarah whined.

"Lover girl! You spilled water here o. Biko, get the mop." Patricia shouted and they both bust out laughter that led to tears.

They finished their meal laughing and teasing each other.

****

Patricia watched Sarah sleeping so peacefully. She couldn't help the tears streaming her cheeks, how she will miss her when she finally gets married. Sarah was the only family she had.

She consoled herself with the fact that they will still be living in the same city. Patricia tried her tears and finally slept off.

Sarah was too happy to notice Patricia 's mood. She kept talking about the money Leonard transferred to her to purchase the necessary things for the wedding.

She finally noticed when she cracked a joke and Patricia didn't laugh. Sarah stop dusting her sandals and drew closer to her. Sitting beside her she said;

"Aunty Pat, what's the matter?"

Patricia startled and repacked her hair with a fake smile.

"No...nothing.."

"Hey sister, it is obvious na. You are not okay o."

She stood up and grabbed her shoulder bag for them to go to the market.

"See aunty, I am no longer the little girl you used to know o. You can trust me please. What's wrong?"

Patricia pulled Sarah to herself and hugged her tightly.

"Don't ever leave me alone Sarah, promise me that you will tell me as soon as he does something you dislike or mal..."

"Please aunty don't do this to me. Its the same you that said I should give him a chance, and now you are scared of giving me out?"

"No, no, no, far from it. I'm just too selfish. Forgive me okay. Just that, I will miss you so much."

"Don't worry, I will always come around and you can visit as many times possible."

"Okay, okay. Stop, stop, stop! Let's go back to business. Who is ready for some  shopping?"

"Yeah!!!! That's what I'm talking about."