Chapter Ten

Rebecca went on with abortion for the fifth time. She suffered from serious complications and finally had her womb removed.

She had gotten used to being without her children. A friend told her about Sarah's progress in school and advised her to send the poor girl some money to further her education.

Alcohol is all she spends her money on. An opportunist came into her life as a fine guy. The new young boyfriend took charge of her ATM cards and he personally arranged clients for her.

She got separated from Jane when she tried talking her out of the relationship. Jane, on the other hand, became the popular La Madam of Lagos. High-class men trope in and out of her parlour for a taste of the young girls.

Her son gained admission into military school with the help of his mom's connections. She felt sorry for her friend but what else can she do?

Becky was tired from attending to four clients for the day. Yet Ben brought in another client.

"Common baby, it's just this one guy after him you can rest. I promised to give you a good massage."

"I'm so tried baby, you are admitting young stars I can't keep up with them. They want every style they've watched and I exhausted!"

He brought out a jin from the fridge.

"See, drink half of this and you will be done before you know it."

"Why are you doing this to me?"

She said collecting the bottle.

"Good girl, after this we will travel to Dubai to enjoy ourselves."

"Y..es"

She giggled.

After that job she never saw him again.

Becky waited for days, weeks, and months. She was drowning in alcohol when Jane came for her.

"If I left you there, people will take my matter to the village and say I sold you or abandoned you."

Rebecca was quite like a child.

"I taught you everything I know, thinking you will be smart enough to start your own business. But what did you do? You ran off like a child with a boy you can give birth to."

Becky stood up and stormed out of the office.

"I don't blame you"

She yelled after her.

Rebecca started afresh with Jane but her drinking lifestyle increased by the day.

She was rushed to the hospital after two weeks of illness. The doctors confirmed some STDs and HIV positive.

That didn't stop her drinking habits. She drank even on an empty stomach and made her situation worst.

"The only thing I can do for you Becky is to take you home to your parents before you die here."

Jane told her after some weeks and she did take her back to the village and left her with some cash which she swayed away in alcohol.

###

Patricia was upset with the ill-treatment Sarah was getting from Alice. Every month she saved up for their exit from the house. She summoned the courage to speak to madam Moriah about quitting her job and taking Sarah with her.

"What? Take Sarah with you? Why?"

She said dropping her phone on the table and looked into Patricia's serious face.