Chapter Fourteen

Leonard kept staring at Sarah as if to take her away from the room. He controlled himself and promised to take her out the next weekend.

Sarah felt so strange and terrified. Each time her phone beeped, she jerks expecting to get a message from Leonard. Patricia couldn't help but worried about her.

It's been five days since Leonard visited. Any conversation towards him gave her a chill to the born. Sarah couldn't help herself so she decided to write her feelings on a jotter.

Leo love,

I think about you every second, what have you done to me that I can't get you out of my mind.

Your voice sends a strange feeling to my heart causing me to lose my mind.

Please love, when can I see you again.

Yours,

Sarah.

She quickly squeezed the note and threw it in the bin.

What is wrong with me?

She thought and started going through her clothes.

"What exactly are you looking for, Sarah?" Patricia asking after observing her tossing clothes on the bed.

"Simple cloth to wear tomorrow!"

She said with a frown.

"Sarah, you want to look special right? Love is in the air..."

Sarah blushed and waved her hands in the air.

"It's just a normal eatery sis, it's not as if is a fancy dinner or anything."

"But still, you will be alone discussing your lives together..."

"Not with that again, I have to finish school before agreeing to marry any man."

Patricia joined her in folding the clothes.

"Look, Sarah, Leonard is not any man. He is special and God-fearing, give him the chance to show you how much he loves you."

Sarah sighed and looked at Patricia.

"I don't want to run off as my mom did. What about my brothers? My studies?"

Patricia sat close to Sarah and rested her hand on her shoulder.

"What have you learned from me so far Sarah? To trust in God and believe that he will do everything for our good. Your mother made a mistake because of the choice she made, your brothers are with your father. We saw how they stood up for you, so they will be fine."

Sarah hugged Patricia and wept.

"I bless God almighty for sending you to me. Thank you aunty Pat, I love you."

They jerked at the ring tone from Sarah's phone and chuckled.

Sarah blushed at the sight of the caller ID.

"Pick up lover girl, I know you are dying to speak to him."

"Hello?"

"I'm fine."

She became still for sometimes and smiled before responding to the caller.

"Yes, I'm here"

"Okay then"

She smiled again and nodded as if Leo could see her.

"Me too"

"Bye"

She dropped her phone on the dresser and sat still.

"He sent his regards"

"Uhummm, and?"