Part 1

Tap tap tap. It was a cold and rainy day in the city of Paris. Not many people were outside in fear that they may catch a cold or something of the sort. Tap tap tap. Marinette paced the damp rooftops as Ladybug. She felt a shiver down her spine each time the wind blew. I know it's late March, but why is it still so cold? She started to cough and she watched a young couple walk over a bridge. They looked like they were her age but she couldn't see their faces through the mist. The guy had his arm around the girl's waist and held an umbrella over them in his other hand. She leaned in close. All Marinette could think of was how warm they looked. All of it reminded her of what she wanted to have with Adrien. She sat down and leaned her back on a chimney. The two figures faded away into the mist but Marinette didn't move because she was far too lost in thought. I cannot believe Adrien is actually in love with Kagami. Her heart sank a little just thinking about how she always had to see them at school together walking hand in hand. It was the life she longed for. I just wish I could be her. But at the same time, her feelings for Chat were most definitely changing. She couldn't tell what was different, but she was starting to get nervous around him. She felt flustered when he made stupid little pick-up lines with her but she deep down enjoyed it. He was her first kiss after all. Maybe I feel this way from that night he visited me on my balcony as Marinette...
    The rain stopped pattering on her head suddenly and she looked up to see an umbrella over her.
    "I wouldn't want you to catch a cold out here Bugaboo." A familiar voice said. Chat came around the chimney and handed Ladybug a warm cup of tea.
    "Thanks, kitty." Ladybug said as she smiled.
    "Anytime."
    "Hey, Chat... what are you doing here? It's my patrol day, you can rest at home."
    "I needed to get out of my house," he said as he chuckled awkwardly. "But I also wanted to see you... to talk."
    Ladybug could tell that the tone of his voice was a bit somber and unlike his usual chipper self.
    "What did you need to talk about?"Ladybug asked.
    "I just wanted to thank you." He responded.
    "For what Chat?"
    "For being my first true love."
    "..."
    "I want to let you know that from this point on, I will not flirt with you or make all those puns that you are annoyed with. I won't say I am in love with you and make you uncomfortable anymore."
    "Chat I- what happened all of the sudden? What do you mean? That's your personality. It's what I like about you."
"Well... I can't flirt with you when I am in love with someone else."
"..."
"..."
The two looked at each other and it was at that instant that Ladybug could see a hint of fear in Chat's eyes. He was hiding something... and that something was scaring him.
"Chat are you ok? This isn't like you at all."
"I'm fine." He said defensively. "Please take the umbrella Ladybug."
She took it slowly as she analyzed Chat's demeanor. Something was definitely wrong.
"I have to go now Ladybug. Stay warm." He said as he turned around to leave.
"Wait!" Ladybug yelled as she grabbed his hand. He shook her free even though deep down it's a feeling he longed for.
"I'm sorry." Chat left Ladybug on the roof and used his staff to launch himself further away from her. Tears started to form in his eyes. I'm so sorry. There's just so much you don't know and so little time. It is for the best. There is a greater problem that only I can fix... and it's a whole lot bigger than some middle-aged man who stole some miraculous. I am so so sorry Marinette.

To be continued...