Part 10

Part 1o

Adrien's POV

This is killing me. Her cute little wave as she walked out the door just to hang out with a guy who wasn't me... was killing me. I had messed up my run-through for the thousandth time. My fingers kept slipping.

The piano. It truly is a wonderful instrument. The piano somehow has the power to change the mood of any intended audience. With the right pressure of your finger on each key that could be played simultaneously with another key, a pianist can create a masterpiece. I have always studied piano. My father had made me learn it from a young age as most classically trained pianists do. I'd always looked at the piano as a burden until fairly recently. Yes, it brings back memories of stress and pressure, but I was burdened with that thought instead of its beauty.

The cold black and white ivory keys can show an audience or just myself how I am feeling. Minor chords are more solum and major chords are more joyful, as a slow tempo is more relaxing than an intense one. The piano is very good at telling if you are nervous. Your fingers can easily slip off of the cold keys and onto another, or you could speed up because of your increase in heart rate. For an instrument, the piano is pretty good at conveying any emotion.

"Adrien, that was beautiful but you slipped and were rushing," Gabriel commented. "Are you doing okay?"

"Um... yeah," I started. "Just clouded in thought."

"Maybe you should take a small break to clear your head." He suggested.

"Maybe I will..." I replied.

It was still so weird to have my father actually talk to me and attempt to understand me. Some of these things in this world still don't make sense to me.

"When playing the piano, it tells a story or a message. You wonder, 'will it reach them?'"

"Ah, I see father I will try to clear my mind an-"

"You have made so much progress son. I am proud of you," Gabriel said with a calming smile before hugging me tightly.

I was on the verge of tears right then and there. It was all I had ever wanted. I had finally made him proud. But, I had to wake myself out of it cause even as happy as I was, I knew it wasn't real. I longed so much to make my father proud of me that I'd take whatever I could get. It was nice in the meantime, however.

"Father I must go to my room," Adrien said as he pulled away.

"Alright son," Gabriel said as he smiled and walked away.

I needed to write a note and leave it on Marinette's balcony. I needed to see her again tonight.

Marinette's POV

I hopped onto the back of Luka's bicycle. I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist and held on tight. No matter how I felt about Adrien, a part of me will always be with Luka for all the kindness he has shown me. In the other world, he would always be my shoulder to cry on and I barely even acknowledged this because I was always so blindly following Adrien. It pained me to be in a relationship with him while I know that I just wanted another. It felt so wrong.

"Hey, are you okay?" Luka asked me suddenly.

I think I had zoned out because we were already at the ice skating rink and I didn't even notice.

"Um, yeah I'm all good! Aye okay! Zoomin baffoomin! Namaste." I replied awkwardly as per usual.

"Alright if you say so!" He laughed and pulled me inside to get our skates. "You amaze me Marinette."

"How? All I'm capable of doing is falling on my face and stammering." I said as I stood up with my skates on and we both stepped out onto the ice.

"You're an extraordinary girl, clear as a music note, sincere as a melody, and the song that I've been hearing ever since I first met you," He lightly kissed my forehead. Just like that, I was down. The ice was cold on my hands but my cheeks were burning hot. Falling on anything has become my specialty. Luka grabbed my hand and helped me back up before we started skating again.

"Looks like I speed you off of your feet!" He said.

I guess some things never change, I thought to myself with a smile.

To be continued...