Part 25

Part 25

Marinette's POV

"Alix... how could you do this to us? We trusted you and you helped Adrien so much in the beginning of all this," I said.

"You've been with us through so many times... even before this... and you have been helping the villains?" Adrien asked.

I guess it does make sense looking back at it. ALiz is the only one who can control time and which dimension people travel too. But why would she betray us? They must have had something over her head that they aren't telling us about.

"I have my reasonings-" Alix started to say.

"Hurry up cause these kids gotta decide what they want to do," Hatred said.

"I did it because they told me they'd take my miraculous from me... they said they would let me keep it if I promised to obey them... In the beginning when darkness made that spell, it was actually me behind the scenes doing the dimension switching and brainwashing. I am so sorry but if my time miraculous had gotten into the wrong hands, it would have been devastating for everyone... not just you two," Alix paused. "I never meant any harm to you but it was for the best."

"..."

I was speechless.

"But now you screwed up so much that they destroyed the Ladybug and Cat miraculous completely!" Adrien exclaimed. "I had to watch my own father die..."

"I am so sorry you two I-" Alix started.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it... we could have helped you fight them because that is what these miraculous were destined to do," Adrien started.

"The ladybug and the cat balance each other and fight off darkness, hatred and death. This all could have been avoided if you had trusted us and trusted in master Fu's decision to give the miraculous to us," I said.

"I realize that I underestimated you guys... and your strength," Alix said.

"Tik tock. Tik tock. Tik tock." Darkness said in her evil tone.

"We finally destroyed those miraculous and we will see how strong you truly are. I'm sure Alix wants to see what you will do for herself since she didn't have enough faith in you to begin with," Death started as he readjusted his fedora. "Are you really heroes after all?"

The answer was clearly decided. As heroes we will always protect the citizens over ourselves no matter the price that we have to pay. But it still scared me... without the miraculous in existence... Adrien and I may never form this bond that we have now. I reach for his hand and we interlock fingers for the last time in their world.

Was I really going to forget that I was a hero? All my memories of myself and all these memories of Adrien and his cat puns and soaring through the Paris streets would just be gone. Will I not even remember Tikki? My world as I know it will be forever changed and I won't even know it has changed. It was time for the decision.

Adrien's POV

This was all for the better despite the hurt it brings me now. Being a hero won't even be a memory. All of my journey's with M'Lady never happened. Plagg is gone forever... and no one will remember the heroes of the city of Paris. If Hawkmoth... my father... rises again for some reason... what will happen? Will I just be an innocent helpless civilian?

I looked into Marinette's eyes and she looked into mine as we faced each other.

Narrator's POV

The two heroes held hands as their memories of each other were soon to be gone.

"Cya on the other side Chaton," Marinette said as she squeezed his hand tighter.

"I hope we find each other again, M'Lady," Adrien said before they looked at the three villains who had ruined their lives. "Revert the clocks. Take us back to the old dimension."

"As you wish," the four of them said together... even Alix.

"Pound it." They said in unison before a flash of white larger similar to when this all started, changed their lives once again.

To be continued...