Part 7

Part 7

I went outside onto my balcony. It really was a beautiful night. I looked to my left to see if Marinette was on her balcony as well. It appeared to be that she wasn't. I decided to get closer so I jumped onto her balcony to see if she was awake in her room. The white curtains were closed and an amber glow came from behind the curtains. The lights were still on, so maybe she was busy with homework. Or something else.

I waited on the balcony for a bit just in case she would come out. After five minutes I looked back and saw her silhouette in the light. Maybe she is coming out. I thought to myself and my heart started racing. What would she think of a weird cat boy on her balcony... I guess we may find out soon. He watched and waited for her to open the door but instead all he saw was her silhouette of her taking off her shirt.

AHHH NOO AHH. I buried my now blushing face in my hands. If anyone saw this they'd sure think I was a total perv! I moved out of sight of her balcony doors but still on the balcony, still not looking. All I wanted was to talk to her. I glanced back up hesitantly to make sure she was done. Luckily she was. Phew. That. That was a close one. Suddenly her curtains started to move to the sides and I could see her in her room. She looked up at the sky and went back to her desk. She was sewing as usual. The sight of her sewing made me smile. The warmness to the atmosphere she made was always so homey and made me feel loved even though I knew she probably doesn't think about me at all in this world.

How am I supposed to fix this on my own without her? How could a guy like me revert a problem as big as this? Maybe my memories should have been wiped too. Then I wouldn't have had to deal with all this torture.

"Um... who are you?" A voice said to the side of me. She held a pair of scissors as if she was scared of me. Great. Now, look at what I've done.

I had gotten so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that she was there.

"Oh! I'm sorry. Don't mind me! I just got really tired and needed someplace to res-" I got cut off.

"Answer my question. Who are you? Some perv?" She held the scissors closer to me and glared at me again. Once more, women are terrifying.

I stood up and our height difference was made clear. I gently pushed away the scissors and she looked up at me visibly confused.

"I'm Chat Noir" I bowed. "At your service m'lady." I reached for her hand to kiss the top of it but she snatched it away.

"Why the hell are you dressed as a cat?" She asked. "Are you a-" she started to whisper "furry? Cause don't worry I won't tell anyone." She still whispered as she gave the motion that her lips were sealed.

"Um no... actually I-" She cut me off again.

"Wait... how did you even get up here?!" She exclaimed.

"Will you let me talk?" I said and smiled and she got quiet. "Ahh, this is what free speech feels like."

"I still have the scissors you know." She responded visibly mad.

"Anywho... I have come to befriend you Marinette."

"..."

"You wouldn't understand yet but I am hoping that someday when you trust me, you will be able to help me with something... it's something only you can do" I paused. "So will you give me a chance?"

"Um... I am very confused. Am I dreaming? I must be. Caus-"

I stepped closer to her and gently grabbed both her hands to hold them and look her in the eyes. I could see her cheeks start to blush which made mine blush a little too.

"I really need you to help me," I said.

"Okay... I will... but can you please tell me your real name? Maybe I know you in real life?" She asked but pulled her hands out of mine.

"I cannot tell you that... I am sorry."

"Well... uh, I should head to sleep." She said as she started to head towards her door.

"Of course, see you around Marinette," I said and gave a slight wave.

"Cya pervy cat!" She said as she closed the door behind her. I stayed on the balcony and admired the stars. It may not have gone as expected, but I still have hope. For the first time, I had a warm feeling that everything would maybe turn out all right. Too bad that feeling wouldn't last very long.

To be continued...