Part 16

Part 16

Adrien's POV

Marinette and I walked towards our home in the rain. It was very peaceful hearing the droplets of water fall upon the umbrella. The umbrella amplified the sound. We both were under the same umbrella together and I could feel a sense of peace and warmth. Just being next to Marinette made me so happy I could burst. We walked on the wet sidewalk and as we stepped the water droplets behind us that got kicked hit the back of our ankles as they do in the rain. I heard footsteps running behind us. If it weren't for the rain, I never would have heard.

"Marinette!" The voice called.

"Oh hey Luka," Marinette said after she had turned around.

"Where are you off too?" He asked.

"We were just heading home that's all," I said nicely.

"Oh, well if it's okay with you, can I steal your sis for a sec Adrien? I need to ask her something really important.," Luka said with a smile.

Marinette started to blush out of the corner of my eye which angered me a bit.

"Oh yeah anytime," I replied. "Do you need an umbrella?" I asked.

"Oh no I got one right here," He said, pulling out an umbrella that was bigger than mine.

"Alrighty," He started. "C'mon Mari!"

He gently grabbed her wrist and pulled her under his umbrella. He wrapped his arm around her.

"Cya Adrien," Luka said as he winked and smiled.

"Bye!" Marinette said.

I could tell she knew how I felt just in her eyes. I waved goodbye and watched them walk away. The silhouettes of them under the umbrella with Luka's arm wrapped all around Marinette. The two fade into the mist after a short while. I would give so much to be Luka right now.

But here I am. Standing alone in the rain with my umbrella. It was silent now. The rain was warm and beautiful, but now it was just cold. The umbrella amplified the sound of the drops that fell. I walked home alone in the rain as I listened to the drops falling on my umbrella.

Marinette's POV

I walked with Luka in the rain. I still wished I was with Adrien but Luka was my boyfriend after all.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked and laughed as we started to run in the rain.

"You'll find out soon enough," He said as he laughed.

We were both going so fast the umbrella basically did no justice at this point. We were just two teens running through the rain. The water started to get my hair wet and I felt the droplets on my face. I could tell I smelled like rain. The smell after you go outside and your clothes are a little bit damp from the rain but they have that rain smell.

"Almost there!" He said,

We made it to a building. It was a bakery. A bakery I knew all too well. We walked inside and there were a lot of my friends holding up posters that asked prom?

There was a big ol box of decorated macaroons and croissants in the center. It was adorable and Luka knew how much I liked sweets.

"So Marinette," he started. "Will you go to prom with me?"

I looked around the room at my friend's excited faces.

"Yes I will!" I ran up to Luka and hugged him. He was so kind and sweet. It hurt me to have to put on an act for him but it had to be done. I looked behind the counter and saw my dad- well my old dad? It was Tom the baker. He glowed and was so excited to help out Luka. I don't think he knew me which means my real dad in this life must be someone else since Gabriel is my step dad.

Luka took me outside. The rain was still upon us and we were both now soaking wet and my pig tails had fallen out.

"Marinette," He started to say before flushing up.

"Yeah?" I asked and laughed a bit.

"I love you," He said before he grabbed my face and kissed me.

To be continued...