Part 22

Part 22

Marinette's POV

It was now two days before the prom. I had been so busy dealing with the villains that I had forgotten about prom. I had to find a dress as soon as possible.

Alya and Chloe came to my house to go and take me to the mall.

"I think blue would look amazing on you Marinette!" Chloe said ecstatically.

"Yes! The blue would match Luka's hair and would compliment your eyes and your dark blue hair," Alya added.

"Yeah, I think I could add some finishing touches to it and personalize it if I need to," I replied.

Everything was fine but all I could think about was that night. What was going to happen to me and my friends... would there night be ruined by the villains? Now that they had the miraculous, who knows what they can do...

All this time I felt bad for Luka as well. He was the sweetest person ever and I couldn't even imagine breaking his heart. I hated going behind his back with my alleged step brother but it's what has to be done.

"Marinette?"

"Oh sorry Alya, I was just lost in thought," I started. "Ok let's look in this boutique."

It was now five in the afternoon and we were there for hours and hours. I still couldn't find a dress that I thought was the right fit for me. We left to find another boutique and then another, but we couldn't find one to any avail. After giving up we went to Tom's bakery.

The three of us walked in and I smelled the fresh scent of the macaroons in the air. I had missed that scent so much. The little bell rang as the door opened and Tom came down the stairs.

"Hello you guys! How's it going you all look very tired..." He said.

"Yeah, we have been looking for a dress for that one for hours on end but she doesn't seem to like anything," Chloe said.

"Yeah, our prom is this Saturday night and she still needs a dress," Alya said.

I yawned before I ordered.

"Can I please get a big old nice coffee and some strawberry macaroons?"

"Coming right up, but don't worry the coffee is on the house," Tom said before he paused. " I actually may have something in mind that you may like, I'll be right back."

Tom went through his backdoor up to his apartment and Alya, Chloe and I looked at each other and shrugged.

He came back and my eyes were practically blinded by the beauty. He held a gorgeous baby blue dress. A seam in the arm pit was torn but the silk material shined and made my jaw drop. It was an off of the shoulder ruffled top with a medium skater skirt lower half.

"That- that is a beautiful dress..." I managed to say.

"Yeah it used to belong to my wife, but one day she left and I have never known what to do with it." Tom said. "I would like you to have it Marinette, I don't need it and you could use it more than I ever could," He said before laughing.

"Th-thank you Tom, I don't know how I could ever accept this..."

"Just take it," he said with a smile.

Alya and Chloe's jaws were still dropped at the sight of the dress.

I thanked Tom a million times and he laughed. We all walked home as the sun was starting to set. This day was a success after all. But now there was only one more day left.

One more day before really bad things could happen. But that was besides the point, right now I got my needle and thread and started stitching.

To be continued...