feuding

Seeing Fitz and Keefe look at each other so weirdly and cringe-worthy made Sophie think that they were atomic bombs waiting until the other person exploded first.

For several pained seconds, Sophie counted her pounding heartbeat, all the way up to eighteen, until Fitz looked at Keefe and told him with even less enthusiasm, "Hi Keefe."

"So..." Sophie dropped Keefe's hand as she realized she was still holding on. "What brings you here?"

"Nothing," both boys said at the same time.  Keefe stumbled out the door first, Ro whispering something in his ear loudly that sounded more like scolding.  Fitz looked from Sophie to Keefe and then hurried out.  Grizel just shrugged at her and followed her charge out the door.

___________

"You hailed me at three in the morning to tell me that Tam asked you out?" Sophie said dubiously, staring at Biana through her Imparter as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"Yup!" Biana said giddily. "You'll have to come over tomorrow and help me pick out a dress! Do you think gold or silver would bring out the teal in my eyes more? Oooh! Or maybe brown with a cream hint?  I think navy blue would compliment my hair the most, but oh, what do I know?"

"Good night Biana," Sophie said, laughing.  "Have fun, okay? And... ask Fitz how he's doing for me.  He and Keefe were acting really weird when they came over."

Biana raised her eyebrows.  "Weirder than usual?"

"Definitely," Sophie said.

A hint of a smile curled on Biana's lips as she promised, "I'll find out and tell you, okay?"

"Deal."

The screen buzzed for a second and then went blank.

____________

"Stop. Letting. Fitz. Win!" Ro said, sounding actually exasperated as soon as they got to the Shores of Solace.  "He would've left first. That was your chance!"

"But.... Sophie just looked so uncomfortable. I didn't want to ruin that for her- and what if she didn't feel the same way?"

"Are all elves this oblivious?" Ro demanded, burying her face in her purple-painted claws.  "I swear! Can't you see how much your girl likes you?"

"As a friend, yeah," Keefe muttered, sinking into his bed.

"Excuse me for a moment," Ro said, gritting her teeth. She walked out the door, slamming it shut.  Something crashed to the floor outside that sounded suspiciously like the huge statue of Lord Cassius. Ro came inside looking much more satisfied.

____________

"What was that all about?" Biana demanded, as Fitz stumbled inside looking nervous and embarrassed the next day.  

Fitz knew that Biana was a vanisher, and if he didn't tell her, she'd find out anyways.  So he told everything to Biana.

"I'm guessing you don't want me to tell Sophie about this, even though I promised her I would?" 

Fitz shuddered.  "If you tell her I will make sure that Tam knows every single one of your humiliating baby moments in the history of the Lost Cities."

But Fitz was her brother- and the role of a younger sister was to make your older brother sweat just a little bit- especially when they were adorable doing it.

"I'll tell her everything that I think is important."

update: to any tiana shippers, I just posted a tiana fanfic called cappuccino ! go check it out if you're looking for some tiana fluff ;) <3