boys

"Ugh," Sophie announced because she obviously had amazing descriptive skills.  "I barely made it past day one of the elite levels and I still have to do this for another year." She turned to Fitz and Keefe, who her still loading up their things. "How do you guys survive it?"

Keefe sent her a devilish grin.  "We don't! Our good looks are a side effect of insanity- or at least my good looks."  He wrinkled his nose in Fitz's direction, who smacked him on the head with a notebook.

Sophie rolled her eyes.  "At least I don't feel bad about Marella not being able to go- it's kind a snoozefest."  Their Pyrokinetic friend had never been able to reveal her secret ability due to the fact that it was banished, and therefore she would be exiled too.

"Don't let Magnate Leto hear you say that- or actually it's Councillor Leto now," Fitz said with a knowing grin.  "He'd probably make you scoop up alicorn poop- or ew, even worse, mastadon poop."

"Why are you guys having a detailed discussion about poop?" Dex asked them as he appeared on the other side of Keefe.

"Because Fitzy pooped his pants!" Keefe stage-whispered, making Fitz turn bright red and announce, "I did not!" which only brought on more attention.

Sophie sighed in exasperation- this was how she had to live her life now then? She loved it.

"How about you all head over to Havenfield? Edaline's making Ripplepuffs- or maybe it's Mallowmelt?" Sophie shrugged.

"Can't," Dex told her sadly.  "Have to babysit the triplets- even though they're older, you wouldn't believe how much mischeif they can still cause."

"Aw, so they take after me?" Keefe said, batting his non-existent eyelashes and making Sophie giggle. "By the way Foster, I am so in. Fitzy?"

"Hit me with it," he decided.

"This oughta be fun," Sandor grumbled.  

_________

They joked around for a little bit. But all of them knew the real reason why Sophie had invited them over in the first place.

"So..." Fitz said nervously, feeling like he was about to announce that he did poop his pants even though he didn't.  "Biana told me that you know about Ro's terrible bet."

"I excel at terrible!" Ro called from the corner, who was dying her hair bright red on Sophie's desk.

"Yeah...I mean I guess I do but It's not like... It's just... you don't have to," Sophie stammered.

"But see Foster, we-"

"Nope!" Fitz said loudly, cutting across Keefe as he suspected what he was about to say.  "I am not losing this to Hunkyhair."

"Aw, see that Foster?" Keefe countered. "Even Fitzy calls me Hunkyhair too! What about you? Would you like to bow down to the Great Lord Hunkyhair?"

"More like Funkyhair," Fitz declared as he mussed up Keefe's hair so much it looked like a tangle of weeds being thrown into a campfire.

"Guys stop!" Sophie tried, even though she was internally cracking up inside.  "How about we call it a tie?"

"Neither of them said it!" Ro told her.  "And ties are for losers.  If you're not first, you're last."

"That's not- aah! What are you guys doing?"

The room had basically become a splotching match with Sophie's very few belongings.  Keefe was throwing things at Fitz, who in return was using his telekinesis to counter. Sophie laughed even though they were basically trashing her room.

"Guys! Let's just pretend this never happened, okay? Ro's bet can still be on since I'm pretty sure she'll do something very drastic if I don't say that, but... let's pretend that I don't know, okay?"  

The boys stared at her. 

"Deal," Fitz decided. "But first..."

He pointed to Keefe.

"I'm having a talk with the Keefester."