analysis

"So.. how did it go with Sophie?" Biana asked nervously as Fitz swung open the door angrily, stomped his shoes on the mat and kicked his boots across the foyer.

"I can't believe- the nerve of you-" Fitz growled, his fists clenched as he stalked up the staircase, gripping the hand rail so hard that it squeaked. "You set me up a blind date with my ex! Who's already dating somebody! And now Keefe and Sophie are broken up and she probably thinks it's my fault-"

Biana flinched. "But.. isn't that what you wanted? For them to be broken up so that you can end up dating Sophie?"

Fitz looked at her wide eyed for a second, his foot hovering above the top stair. "You did that for me?"

"Um.. yeah!" Biana said, flushing with humiliation. "I wouldn't just betray my best friend out of the blue! I did that because you were so sulky and angsty about Keefe and Sophie I figured that would cheer you up-"

"You thought breaking my best friend and my ex up would make me happy?" Fitz demanded, furiously. "I'd be fine if the just- just fell apart by themselves! You sabotaged them! And then poor Sophie- we were about to kiss and then Keefe came and-"

"You guys were about to kiss?!" BIana gasped, sounding giddy. "Details!"

Fitz looked at her in disbelief, like he could hardly digest the fact that they were siblings.

And then he flung his door shut.

_____________

"I can't believe you! You snuck off on me! You fed me ameobas! And then you climb out the window, leap to Atlantis, and come home sulking and pouting and throwing things across your bedroom and you won't even tell me what's going on!" Ro gave him a deadly glare as he proceeded to kicking his chair across the room, splintering one of the wooden legs.

"I saw.. Fitz and Sophie," Keefe admitted. 

"Together?!" Ro stopped glaring at him, and instead was sharpening a dagger with her claws that Keefe really didn't want to know who she was planning on using it on.

"Kissing! At a table in a restaurant!" Keefe deflated back onto his bed and mumbled, "Biana told me that Sophie had asked me out on an early date but had to be somewhere and then she gave me all this date and time and stuff. And when I came there, Fitz was sitting across from her and they were talking and laughing and-"

"You walked off," Ro guessed, rolling her eyes. "So.. this was Blonde's plan?"

"Don't... don't do anything to her," Keefe muttered, still feeling protective. "She's.. I don't think.. she just looked as shocked as I did-"

"She can act though," Ro reminded him.  

"I know she can."

Keefe sent her a look that clearly said, drop it, and then hurled Mr. Stinkbottom across the room.

______________

"I swear, Amy! It was. Not. Me!" Sophe was about ready to throw her Imparter across the room, let it shatter against her closet, and kick the remains across her bedroom.  "Fitz was there, and it all just sort of happened... and then Keefe walked off and now..."

"Okay!" Amy said defensively, her voice dropping as she added, "I believe you. I just.. I met Biana.. I don't know why she'd do something like that."

"Yeah, neither do I," Sophie grumbled, pinning her hair behind her ears. "She was supposed to be my friend and then she goes and sets me up like this..."

"But... if I had to ask, if you could, if he'd forgive you.. would you still date Keefe?" Amy bit her lip and Sophie felt just as anxious.

"I would," she admitted quietly, pulling out an itchy eyelash. 

"Back to nervous habits?" Amy asked, smirking knowingly as she pointed to the eyelash that Sophie had just tugged out. "But.. I get it."

"He's not going to forgive me," Sophie murmured.

"Keefe Sencen still loves you," Amy assured her.  "He's loved you more than anyone else has ever loved somebody. He's not going to let you go for some stupid set-up."

Sophie looked up and sniffled. "You think?"

Amy nodded, confidently. "I do. Now stop chit-chatting and go make it up to your boy."