We're Good

We run to the park and quickly and pretend to be busy so no one would ever suspect we were in a fight less than 2 minutes ago.

Me and Jo slowly walk to the ice cream stand and order.

"Rocky road for me and.... triple fudge for her," Jo says handing the man some cash.

He quickly gets our orders ready and passes them to us.

"Have a great day," he says.

"We will," I say fakely smiling.

Me and Jo walk around talking about random things until we see Delly and Mellark looking around the park.

We quickly duck behind a bush and watch them. Eventually, they get to close for our comfort and me and Jo take off.

"Their they are!" Delly screams as we take off out of the park.

We run and end up at my house.

I walk to the door and punch in a code to get the extra key to get in.

I unlock the door and let us in.

I turn around and see Delly and Mellark breathlessly running up my driveway.

"Jo," I say laughing and pointing at them.

"Oh my gosh," she says doubling over laughing.

I quickly shut the door and lock it.

I lock all the windows and doors.

I ring a bell and a maid walks in.

"We're home early due to my friend being sick, and her parents are out of town so we will be staying at Finnicks tonight, so can you bring us some pizza, cake, ice cream and soda?" I lie smoothly.

"Yes ma'm," she say and walks out.

I go sit by Jo on the couch and see her making faces at the window.

I look over and see a angry Mellark and a furious Delly standing outside the window.

I make a face and they both glare.
I laugh and that makes them glare more.

The maid brings in our food and Mellark and Delly still stand outside.

"Do you want me to let them in miss?" she asks me gesturing to the window.

"Um..," I glance at Jo and she nods her head. "yes please but have security in the next room over," I say.

She walks over to the door and lets them in.

"Come on in," she says and leaves shutting the door.

They walk in and I gesture for them to sit down.

"Hey," Mellark say after a couple of awkward minutes.

"Hey," me and Jo say at the same time.

"So....." I say.

I pass Mellark the pizza and let him pass it to Delly.

They both take some and I hand them both a coke.

They both accept and then eat quickly.

I give them each a slice of cake and a tub of ice cream.

"So...what made you let us in?" Delly questions.

"I don't even know, but obviously you haven't told the police our names so I might as well feed you since we kinda beat you guys up... We don't feel bad about beating you guys up but since you missed lunch and you guys were standing creepily out my window I thought you guys might want to eat and maybe sit down from all that running.." I say smirking and taking a another bite of my pizza.