By a...

GUYS IF I HAVE MENTIONED PRIM EARLIER IN THE BOOK ERASE IT FROM UR MIND

By a....baseball.

I'm knocked to the ground and hear kids laughing and screaming.

I do not find it Funny.

I quickly get back up and dust off my pants.

"Snotty rich kids are ugly sluts," a girl says outloud.

"Well thanks for taking time from your day to notice that," I say back.

(AN: ok so one of my favorite teachers ever told the whole class that if someone ever insults u, u should just say thanks for noticing and go on with ur day because that kid took time out of their day to insult u, so they wasted like 6 seconds of their lives being rude... sorry I had to share that😂)

She flicks me off and goes back to reading some old magazine.

I walk through the rows of children and my anxiety grows as I near the area where kids my age would be.

When I reach that area, I stop in my tracks.

I look at all the kids that live without all I have.

No TV's, iPhones, laptops, twitter, Instagram, not even a normal room.

I suddenly feel ashamed of all the stuff I have and not even appreciating It to the best of my ability.

I quickly go back to the room and find my parents just finishing some paper work.

"Well, lets go find one," my father says leading us back out into the rows of children.

We walk by tons of children with hope in their eyes.

I can't bare to look at them.

We walk to a group of 12-13 year olds and we look through the bunch of them and I see one that catches my eye but quickly looks away.

"Mama, that one," I whisper towards my mother.

She looks over and a cry of joy escapes her lips.

"That's the one!" she whispers in joy to my father.

"I agree," he says smiling.

We tell the lady and she checks some papers.

She hands us a paper and we quickly look it over.

NAME: UKNOWN

AGE: 13

DATE OF BIRTH: 9/19

GENDER: FEMALE

DESCRIPTION: blonde, skinny, blue eyes, 5'1'

CAUSE: parents died in house fire when she was 2

"She doesn't have a name," my mother whispers.

"Her parents are dead," I whisper to myself.

"We will gladly take her," my father says.

"Oh fine," the lady mumbles.

"GET UP YOU LAZY A** THEY ARE TAKIN YOU HOME!" The lady screams all kindness in her voice gone.

The girl quickly gathers all she has, which is a notebook and obediently walks over to the lady.

The lady shoves her at us and walks back to the office.

The girl just stands shyly looking at the ground.

"Come with us," my mother says walking towards the door.

She follows behind my excited parents and I hang back to walk beside her.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey,"

"They aren't that bad, they just want to get out of this place," I say.

"I do too," she says sadly.

We walk to the car but before we get in my mother unexpectantly turns around and wraps the girl in a tight hug.

"Welcome to the family," she says softly.

My dad just smiles proudly.

Me and the girl climb into the back seat and my parents hang outside the car to discuss something for a minute.

"Do you have any pets?" she asks excitedly surprising me by opening up to me quickly.

"Yes WE have a cat named Buttercup and me and my "brother" Finnick found a dog, but she lives with him," I say.

"I have another sibling?" she asks.

"Well, yes but no. He isn't like my blood brother but we have known each other since we were a week old, and he treats me like a sister," I say.

"And now he will treat you like a sister," I say.

"Ok," she says.

My parents get in the car and my father asks
"How do you like the name Primrose?"

"It's very beautiful," she says.

"Ok but for short Prim," I say.

"I'm Katniss by the way," I say smiling.

"And if you would like, call us mom and dad," my mother says.

"Ok mom, dad, and Katniss," Prim says giggling.

"Now back to the mall because we need to get you clothes, furniture, a phone, and a ton of other stuff," my mother says excited.

"Um...ok," Prim says unsure.

"She loves to shop," I mouth to Prim and she giggles.

"Thank you guys for adopting me," she says.

"Oh it is our pleasure, and we are very excited for our new member of the family to get to meet everyone," my mom says.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I DONT THINK ADOPTING IS THAT EASY SO.....YEAH BUT YAY

FINALLY UPDATED SO BE GLAPPY.

🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍PYSCH🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍