Daddy

"Oops," I say looking over at Peeta.

"Um....Katniss do you think he's going to kill me?" Peeta asks scared.

"Um I don't really know," I say.

My father stands up and walks over to Peeta's window.

"Roll it down," I say quickly.

He rolls down the window and smiles and unsure smile at my dad.

"And who are you?!" my dad asks waving his gun around.

"Peeta Mellark sir," Peeta says opening the door and stepping out to shake his hand.

"Oh and what might you be doing with my daughter?" he asks.

"I brought her home because she was crying about her car and she had a bad day and I didn't want her driving when she was upset because it was unsafe, so I drove her home, don't worry, I talked to Mrs. Everdeen," he says coming over to my door and helping me out like a gentleman.

"Oh then I guess I don't need this," My dad says throwing his gun across the yard.

"Thank you Peeta," I say smiling.

"Yes thank you Peeta for bringing her home safely," My dad says shaking Peeta's hand.

"No problem sir, I'll see you later Kat, if you have time you can come to Finnicks," he says smiling.

He walks across the street smiling.

I turn to face my dad and see a weird look on his face.

"Daddy, look what Delly did to my car," I say tracing the marks on it.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry we will get it fixed and ill call the school for video footage," he says hugging me.

"Ok Daddy," I say.

"Peeta is a nice boy," he says.

"Yeah he is, he is really polite," I say grinning.

"He likes you, ya know," he says grinning.

I can't tell if it's because he likes Peeta or that he is excited to get to shoot a person.

"Yeah I know, he told me so, but I don't know about dating him because he seems like the exact opposite of me, he is calm and I'm not, he is-," I get cut off in mid sentence.

"Different attitudes keeps it interesting, you will never get tired of one another's company," he says.

"Looks at me and your mom, she's calm, organized, everything that I'm not, but we love eachother so much I wish I could spend every second of every day with her," he says smiling.

"Give him a chance Katniss, he seems like a well behaved boy," he says kissing my head and walking away.

Should I give Peeta a chance?