Chapter 06

His P.O.V

The clouds kept moving in one direction like a queue of kids crossing the road obediently. I could hear the leaves moving in the huge tree which is in our garden. I looked down from the window and saw him watering the plants. He loved plants and he still does. Twice a week, he would spend his time in the garden. Sometimes, he even talk to them kindly. It reminds me of how we use to be.

Aunt Nuzrath, my step-mother also loved plants. She often joins him in the garden. I don't like to talk much about her because I disliked her. She was never bad to me but I was. I did not want to accept that she is my mother. She was taken back by the creator four years back before I could apologize from her for my behaviours.

My eyes moved along with him in the garden. I know he is broken but so am I. He regrets his actions twenty four years back. His dark circles and wrinkled skin reflects his pain.

I felt someone's presence beside me and familiar scent touched my nose. I did not move my eyes away from the garden or him.

"He love plants."

"He told me. He even taught me the names of some plants. He almost gave me a lesson on plants." She said with a low chuckle.

"You seem to get along with him well." I stated.

"May be." She sighed. "I lost my father recently Yuhan. I miss him alot but when I'm with uncle, I feel like my father is back." Her voice cracked at the mention of her father.

"I'm sorry."

"If you don't mind, can I say you something?" She asked and I turned to her.

"Anything!" I said looking at her black eyes. Something in her eyes attracts me to her but then I remember a pair of brown eyes.

"I know that he lied to you. But, it's all for you. You have to be glad that he told you everything once he realized his mistakes. He is broken and you are breaking him more. He is just pretending to be strong, Yuhan. You have to act more matured in this. He is your father and he knows what's best for you. If you can, try talking to him." She ended sighing.

"Will you help me find my mom?" I asked after a while.

"We are on the same track now. Insha'Allah!" We both turned back to the garden and looked at him who was now entering the house.

*

*

*

*

"I'm sorry." He looked down apologizing.

"You... how could you do that?" I asked him with burning eyes.

"I was angry my son. I did it out of rage." He confessed and did not meet my eyes.

He is ashamed of himself!

"But you could've thought about me before you destroy everything about her. How do you expect me to find her?" My voice was louder but I couldn't help. The man in front of me, who calls himself as my father, makes me angry by every passing second.