Chapter 18

Her P.O.V

"I'm not like that. I didn't do anything. I don't know why-why he told me like that. I'm not... like that. Trust me, I'm not like that..." I was crying. He made me emotional. He made me cry.

"Shhh... I know, sweetheart. I know. It's alright. Let's forget about it." I shook my head wiping my nose. "C'mon, Yara. Let's leave it. I know about you and our whole family knows. He is someone who knows nothing. Allah knows who you are. Isn't that enough for you, sweetheart?"

"But-But I'm not like that. I... I never did any..." Without letting me finish, Adham pulled me into a hug. That is what I needed the most. I want to be in his embrace. I want to get lost in him. I want to forget him.

Caressing my hair, he dropped few kisses on my head.
"I don't want to see my sweetheart crying. You're brave, sweetheart. You don't have to cry for such things." He pulled back and wiped my tears. "Please don't cry. Okay?"

I nodded wiping my nose with the back of my hand. He went to the wardrobe and came back with a plazo and a tee.

"Here, freshen up and come. You haven't changed yet." I took it but he caught my wrist. "Don't cry. I can't see you crying. Please don't." He hugged me again. I looked up at him and nodded. I promise.

I had a quick wash. Before coming back to the room, I took a deep breath.

I can't cry.
For Adham.
For my family.
Allah is with me
And my family is with me.

Adham, who was leaning back on the bed, stood and came to me as soon as he saw me.

"Done?"
I nodded smiling. He came closer and pinched my cheek. Circling my arms around his neck, I kissed his cheek.

"Jazakallah so much!"

I'm indeed very lucky to have him. I sometimes feel that I don't deserve him because he was always very kind to me. He treats me like I am the most valuable thing in his life. He never gets irritated by me. He loves me no matter what. What else can I expect from him?

Praise be to Allah who made us mates.

"I want to tell you something." I said meeting his eyes.

"Hmm?" He kissed my nose.

"Adham! I'm serious!" I pushed him slightly.

"Fine!" He was offended. "I'm all ears."

"Suppose if you happen to see Yuhan, please don't ask him anything. I mean, he apologized from me then and there. Please let's not make it a problem. He did regret what he said. We aren't perfect to judge him. Let's ignore it. I think he didn't do it intentionally. Forget it, Okay?"

He was looking at me without blinking.

"Okay?" I asked again.

"I'm not sure. I'll try. I can't promise you." He looked away. I made him look at me, cupping his face.

"No trying, Adham. You have to. Please... Okay?"

"Insha'Allah!"

"Love you loadz!" I pinched both his cheeks and he winced in pain.