Chapter 3

I slowly made my way down stairs.

"Tessa!" Someone squealed. I turned to find Sophie. So much for being discreet. "What are you doing down here? You said you won't come to the party."

"Uh..." I stammered, "I am not. I....uh..going outside." I gestured the door, "Gotta go."

I tried to scramble outside. Emphasis on tried.

Strong pair of hands grabbed my arm. "Oh on. Not so fast." said Will and turned me away from the door. 

"You said you'll get me out unnoticed." I hissed under my breath.

"I lied." He replied flatly. Soon all his friends came over.

Is it too late to run?

I tried to back away but Will's grip was as strong as iron.

"So guys, this is Tessa Gray." Will introduced me. "She is Miranda's stepsister."

Everyone's eyes widened.

"Before any of you say something, yes Miranda did describe her as a witch. I did try to make her do magic. Could you?" He looked at me.

I crossed my arms across my chest. "If I did, what would you want me to do?"

He thought for a moment and replied, "I would like a veggie pie and Selena Gomez."

I glared, "Well, I would give you a jar of expired pickles and a banshee."

Jace choked on his lemonade.

"I would like Charlie Puth." Said Isabelle.

"I would like Zac Efron." Clary joined her. Both Jace and Simon were glaring.

 Gideon with a smile in his face, turned to me and held out his hand, "I'm Gideon Lightwood."

"I know. In fact, I know all your names." I said, "But you probably don't know mine."

Clary huffed, "How quickly you dismiss our friendship." I smiled and hugged her.

Then she looked at me and asked, "How did you bump into Will?"

"Would you like to explain?" I asked Will. 

"I stumbled into her room and brought her down." He said bluntly. I rolled my eyes.

"That explains a lot." I muttered.

"Don't tell me you were hiding from Tatiana and Miranda." Cecily asked.  

Then the song changed into 'Steal my girl' and the dance floor ( the living room without the sofa which was moved by me) was starting to fill up. Isabelle squealed, "1D!!!"

"Let's dance then Izzy." Jace said and dragged Clary to the dance floor who in turn grabbed Isabelle. "Come along bloodsucker." He called out.

My eyes widened. "That would be me." Simon gave me a small smile and followed. I looked at Will. Bloodsucker? 

He shrugged, Don't even start on it.

"Want to  dance Sophie?" Gideon asked. She blushed and nodded. I gave her thumbs up. Both of them went off. 

Will bend over and whispered in my ear, "Is it too soon to ask for a dance?" 

Goosebumps ran in my arms. No. Tessa Gray won't get flustered by a guy. I replied, "You think." He smirked. 

"I'm gonna get drinks." Alec interrupted. "You guys want some?"

"I'll come with you." Will said and left.