Chapter 21

Charlie's P.O.V.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Matt since he has come and interrupted my time on set.

"Can we please talk?" Matt asks me before I nod.

"Take a ten-minute break." The director yells.

Matt and I make our way by the snack table to have some privacy so he can talk to me about what he wants to talk about.

"Speak," I tell Matt because I am done with his bullshit.

If he doesn't want to get back together then leave me alone so I can move on.

"I want to get back together. I want to be the reason you smile while looking down at your phone. I want to ask how your day is. I want to fight about where we are going to eat and when you finish eating my fries even when you lie to the public and say you don't like them. Honestly, I want to hear all your ridiculous theories on how to get away with murder even if you are absolutely wrong. And when I mean absolutely wrong, you are way out of the picture-" Matt says before I interrupt him.

"-Yes, I know my theories are weird you don't have to keep insulting them," I say stepping in for them because I may be wrong but at least I go down with pride.

"What about spending time together? And my career?" I ask Matt because that is the reason we broke up.

"We can talk about that as it happens. I want to focus right now on us and nothing else."

Except that didn't happen.

Instead of Matt visiting me on set and telling me that we should get back together and that distance doesn't matter. He actually broke it off. I came into our apartment and guess what was inside? My things but not his. I didn't think he'll leave. I guess this is our last goodbye because there is nothing we can't do. Matt can't leave his work, life, and friends behind and I can't leave my career that I took my whole life to build for a guy.

Is this the last time I am ever going to feel joy in my life? I mean I let go of the love of my life but I needed to. I have no choice. Guess there is just two person to call and one place to be.

So I pick up my phone and call her. And she picks up immediately as usual.

"Mom, it is just so hard. How can I decide between my career and the man I want to spend the rest of my life with?" I ask my mom as I am sitting my bed.

"I can't make that choice for yous sweety. You have to make it on your own, you just listen to your heart." My mother says responding to my question with tiredness to her voice.

I really hope I didn't mess up her sleeping schedule since it's night over in Norway.

"I just.. I can't... I mean.. my brain tells me to choose my career one day and the next one they tell me to choose Matt."

"You have to choose soon or you won't have either." My mom says trying to support me but it is not helping.

"This decision is really hard. My agent keeps telling me to do this movie because it is going to look great for my resume so I can get better movies but I am done. I have lost so much of myself as I followed my manager's instructions and demands. I am going to continue acting do not get me wrong but at this current moment, I do not need a movie taking most of the time out of my life. Would this ruin my career? Most likely but I need a mental health break. I don't want to make the make mistake of losing someone because I did not make enough time for them. I honestly do not want to be the most known actress in the world if I can't be with the person I love. I can't even recognize who I have become this past couple of months." I explain to her before she nods.