Chapter 22

Charlie's P.O.V.

"This is perfect," I speak up as I hand Niall my newborn.

"If you would have asked me ten years ago where I would see myself right now... I wouldn't think of this. I mean I would because I always wanted to marry you but I never thought you would say yes." Niall comments before I smile at what he says.

"I don't know about that. Niall ten years ago was quite charming."

"Charming? I could not even talk to girls... I still remembered the first time we meet." Niall says before shaking his head because it was quite embarrassing for him.

"It was adorable."

"Oh by the Louis, Liam, and Harry want to come by later to see the baby," Niall comments as we walk inside our house.

"I smell a baby direction coming in a couple of years. Harry better hurry and get a baby." I mention before Niall chuckles.

"You are never going to let One Direction die, are you?"

"I would have never meet you if it wasn't for it." I say before I peck his lips.

"I'm going to get JD settled in." Niall says before he walks out of the room.

I take my phone out before looking through my pictures. I can't believe life has led me to this path. Don't get me wrong, I love this but... I just thought it would have been with Matt and not Niall. Niall is an amazing guy and all but I would never love him like I love Matt. Yes, it is present tense because I don't think I will ever stop loving him.

But I should probably forget about him. I mean he has someone else and I have a son now.

KNOCK

KNOCK

I put my phone back in my pocket before heading to the front door. I open the front door to find the one and only!

"Natalie!" I yell as I see her on my front porch.

"Charlie!" Natalie yells back before bringing me into a hug.

"I missed you so much," I exclaim before we let go of each other.

"I missed you too!"

Natalie is going to be staying with us for the next couple of weeks to help with the baby plus I also wanted to see her so why not invite her?

"Where is JD? I want to see my little nephew!" Natalie says very excitedly.

I let Natalie in before closing the door behind her. I show Natalie her room before going to the nursery.

"Wow, he is so cute," Natalie says as she heads over to see my baby.

"He looks just like you, Charlie," Natalie comments after she looks at JD sleeping.

"I love that." Niall says before I chuckle.

"Smooth, babe. Smooth."

Meanwhile

Matt's P.O.V.

"I don't know." I tell Zane as Heath, Mariah, Todd, and I are sitting around our living room.

"You can officially delete everything about her. I mean you are over her. Aren't you?" Todd says before I look down at my phone.

"I don't know. I mean these memories make me so happy." I explain to Todd.

"Old memories you mean." Zane says before everyone agrees with him.

"I-I..."

"Matt, it's better for your health. It has been over a year since the break up." Mariah comments before I nod.

"Fine." I say as I pretend to delete them but little do they know that I saved them somewhere else just in case.

"Now go call your girlfriend so we can go out." Heath comments before everyone cheers once more.

"We have to celebrate."

"Celebrate what?" I ask them confuse as to what they are talking about.

"Getting over Charlie, what else?" Todd tells me before hitting me in the shoulder playfully.

"Yeah. What else?" I whisper to myself.

Honestly, all I want in the whole world is to get her back... but it's over. It's officially over. If she didn't have the baby, then maybe but I can't come between a man and the mother of his baby...

I go to my voicemails because I hate having notifications and see Charlie left me a voicemail.

"I'll catch up with you guys inside." I tell the others.

As soon as they leave, I click play on the voicemail and put my phone up to my ear.

Voicemail from Charlie:

Hey.... it's umm well me.. C-Charlie. I was just looking at some pictures of us earlier. I-I was going to call earlier but as you can see... I didn't so now you have this voicemail. I know we haven't seen each other in a couple of months but would you like to meet up or something? I just have a couple of questions....  I mean do you still think about me? Like all the time... like I think about you? Do you wonder where we would be if we didn't break up? I do and I should stop... I should because I have to let you go and move on. I know I messed up and I should move on but I can't pretend... I-I should get going... JD is umm crying.

"Matt, are you coming?" I hear Todd yell from the front door.

"Yeah, just a minute." I say before I get up from the couch and rush to the car.

"Where you crying?" Mariah whisper to my after I get in the cars so others won't hear.

"No." I say before I quickly clean my cheeks from any tears I might have let go during the voicemail.

After all this time
there is still hope...
I mean there needs to be
Or life is just pointless.