Chapter - 29 - Kritz

I quickly picked up the phone and chipped in a 'Hi!'. I was extremely happy; after all it was 'Kritz'. "Hey 'K'", she replied, rather lazily. I mean like really? 'K'? That is it! "Why K haan? Mera naam Kayna hai. See its very simple K-A-Y-N-A." I told her. "Of course, babe. I know. But 'K' sounds cool know?" she defended herself. "No! It doesn't. I call you Kritz because you have a huge name. K-R-I-T-I-K-A. Like a seven-letter name for real? My name just has five-letters." I remarked rather pissed off now, that she had actually pissed me off. "I am really sorry dude. I didn't know you are going to get so irritated. I love you know? And I miss you. I hoped we could meet on Diwali. What is your plan? Are you coming back?" she said in a full metro-speed. So this thing about Kritz is kind of different. If she starts speaking, she has no pauses. She simply ignores all commas and full stops and ends up speaking too fast, which some times sound very confusing. But, since I had lived and studied with her for one entire year. I now understood all what she said. "Why are you not speaking? Is it the network?" Kritz effortlessly, shot two more questions bringing my attention back to her. "I am, I am. No network issues. I was busy. Yes, so I believe, I am going to be back in India. I am going to spend this Diwali at home and I think we should meet." As I said this I could literally feel her eyes gleam and a sudden happy curve, that everyone calls smile, form over her face. "Really? Are you going to be back? Yayyyyy!!!" she started jumping. I mean of course I couldn't see her, but I did hear the floor screaming in pain. Well, FYI that is supposed to be sarcasm. "Okay hold on Kritz, I am still over the phone" I said. "Yeah sorry. Right, so you are going to be back. Okay, bye I think I have to go tell everyone. Your parents, my parents, then, there is Rohan and Darshan." With that she hung up. Like what the heck is wrong with her? She called me to speak to me and now she hung up because she wants to tell everyone that I am going to be back. That also includes telling my parents. I 'can' tell them, myself. But seeing her excitement, I decided to let her tell and I continued with having an isolated Sunday, just coz I was very lazy to pick my 'I-Phone' up and call Ishaan and probably call him over.

I gather my stuff that is also lazily spread around me, which includes my 'I-Phone' and my bowl, in which I fed myself Maggi. I walk over to the kitchen and keep my bowl in the sink and walk back up to my room, just to find my room in a mess. Yet again, I tie my hair in a messy bun and I am starting my attempt to clean my not-so-small apartment, when my doorbell rings. Its amazing Tringggggg!!! Sound pierces through my ears and I make my swift move towards the door. Currently I am covered in clothes, from head to toe. I open the door to find a man standing there holding out a laundry bag to me. Wow! Great! I just have started to clean and this man has been of no help, whenever I needed him. Last time in the café, when I didn't have clothes to wear, he was not around and then today, when I have just begin cleaning, he is outside my door, sticking his tongue out and asking for money. I quickly pass him his wages and lock the door on his face. Much to the laundry guy's amusement, I had forgotten to take my clothes from him and yet again, he rang the ferocious bell of my apartment. What a blissful Sunday! I walk up to him, "yeah what? Why are you still here? Didn't I pay you?", I said utterly pissed. "You did but, your clothes", he said pointing to the bag in his hand. I immediately take my clothes and shut the door on his face. Yes, once again! I get back to my cleaning.

Finally! After hours of hard work, my apartment looks decent. Like, an average students house. I fish out my 'I-Phone' to check the time. you wouldn't believe it was 7pm! I had begun cleaning at 12pm and I still hadn't taken a bath. I grabbed my gown and stepped in the shower. I turned on the shower and looked down at my hand, just to find my so-called 'I-Phone' hanging between my fingers and WET. Shitt!! I quickly put it on my towel outside and I quickly bath. A wonderful start of the week.

.

.

.

.

//

Hi people..........Whats upp??

This corona time makes me realize that this was the last time we could ever get a hug, kiss or an amazing moment with our loved ones. Now, in order to keep us safe and people around us safe we will have to maintain social distancing and keep away. This is a revolutionary change in the world. Next time no one would step into a public place without fear of catching Covid-19. No more, vacations, no more flights.

//