Chapter - 43 - Blushing

I sat beside mom, with dad on the other side. We set up the entire place and bring out all new Lord Ganesha and Goddess Laxmi, just yesterday we went out and had brought them. We sat there and prayed. I made sure that I had clicked the picture of every single ritual so that I have it with me as memories. In our family, the proceedings are performed in descending order, so dad went first, then mom and I was the last person. I promised God that I'd pray to him and I prayed to him in silence and thanked him for all that he has bestowed on me.

As we finished up our proceedings and stood up for the 'aarti', I received an incoming call from Rohan. I immediately answered it and I believe I stood there talking to him for a while. I was so much engrossed in speaking to him, that I didn't notice my mom shooting death glares at me, I quickly hung up and returned back. She faked a smile and we began chanting for the Gods and Goddesses.

Honestly, every time I pray, I feel a sudden ring of happiness form around me. Now, the idea of praying is not in front of a statue, or an image, it comes right from your heart and knocks on to the door of the 'king' in heaven. I don't often pray, but I end up sitting all alone in a room and talking with God. I believe it is the ideal way people should love and pray to God, they shouldn't discriminate and create an issue between, different religions.

Growing up, I have seen so many religious groups fighting in the name of God, from kids to adults, the discrimination is visible, undoubting. Little do we understand the real agenda behind different political groups promoting certain religions, they do it for their profit, and anyways, aren't all Gods equal? In reality, we Hindus have many Gods; there is Lord Rama, Lord Krishna, Goddess Sita, Lord Ganesha, Goddess Laxmi, etc., but if we take a broader look and step out of the world we live in, we will realize that there are uncountable similarities between Gods of all religions, Christians and Muslims are very alike and so are Hindus and Buddhists, yet we find people, especially youngsters fighting for their religion.

We should understand that with the will or without a will, you cannot enforce your particular beliefs on someone; it is easier to accept than to convert. I believe true love is when you do not enforce your beliefs, wishes, and wants on your partner, just because they are different, I believe relationships would work out 100 times better if you accepted their way of living and encouraged them to be themselves than to hide in your shadow.

With the last line of the 'aarti', my chain of thoughts is interrupted and as soon as I see mom keeping the plate, I fish my 'I-Phone' out and dial Darsh's number. I waited for him, for like five minutes and heard the rings silently, while I fidgeted with the hem of my dupatta. It took him like forever and when he picked it up he didn't let me speak, "Uh.... Hi, Open the door" and he hung up. Fine!! That means these idiots are here. I told them to be here an hour ago and they are finally here. Honestly, if they wouldn't have reached, I would have practically gone to their house and dragged them up to mine.

I walked towards my door and unlocked it, revealing a pretty Kritz with two handsome, young men beside her. We wished each other and walked inside my house. "You look Beautiful Kritz", I told her. "Oh not more than you", she replied. I don't know how, but she just manages to make me feel the best girl, I don't believe I need a true love sorts to make me feel like I am the best woman on earth, I think my idiots do it pretty well. I walked with them till where mom was placing snacks in a tray, the place we called 'living room' and we seated beside each other.

All this while, I had just noticed Darsh's expressions change from surprised to gasp and then some sort of blush.

Was he, blushing? No way!! Why would he?

Anyways, I stood up, as, I was about to fetch the firecrackers from the room adjoining this, I heard Darsh say, "Beautiful", I bet he was lost somewhere. I don't know what's wrong with him since I have come back, he is mostly gawking at me. Wait!! Do I look that bad?

I do not let my thoughts ponder over it, "What?", is all I ask him. "Um.....Nothing!! you have a beautiful house" and that is all he manages to say.

Thank God!! I wasn't looking horrible. I thought I was.

.

.

.

.

.

.

// Hi People!!

Horribly disheartened to hear the news of Late actors suicide

RIP Sushant Singh Rajput 🙏🏻  🙏🏻

Poll # 13

1) iOS

2) Android

.

.

.

Tell Me below//