Not Troops

When I woke up I got dressed into a black shirt and a red and black flannel. Then I put on some blue jean shorts. I let my hair have its natural wave. I put on light mascara and lipgloss then I walked downstairs.

"Good morning, Scar!" Athena chirped once she caught sight of me. I snorted.

"No. It's not. It is early and I am tired." I deadpanned.

"Well Scar, that sucks. Suck it up buttercup!" She did laughing at my bad mood. I rolled my eyes at her.

"So what's our cover up story?" I asked Xavier.

"You are my cousin. Athena is Blake's sister. Blake is my best friend and Athena is yours. We are all humans. We all live together. We know nothing about the supernatural world."

"Boring but okay. Anyway time to roll out troops!" I said laughing at myself.

"We are not troops. We are Protecters." Blake said smirking at me. I simply rolled my eyes and gave him the finger.

"Into the car, children." Xavier said mumbling the last part.

"Aye aye!" Athena said giggling.

We all got into the car. It was a short drive. About 7 minutes. Once we got there people were staring. I could smell the wolves and the humans apart. Our scents smell like human right now because of a potion Athena and I made.

Boys started wolf whistling and girls stared at the boys with hunger. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Athenas hand and pushed forward.

We made it to the office and the front seat lady told us to wait for the principal. She gave us our schedules and locker number and combos.

"Scarlett, Athena, Blake, Xavier?" The voice said. I guessed it was the principal. He was a wolf. "I'm Principal Shawn." He said smiling warmly. He gave me that dad vibe.

"Nice to meet you. Are we free to go to class?" Athena asked politely.

"Of course." He said stepping out of our way.

We scurried our and into the hall. People continued to stare. We just brushed it off and made our way to our lockers. They were all close together but not side by side. Suddenly someone popped up behind me. I shut my locker and turned around.

It was a really pretty girl. I smiled at her. "I'm Harmony! You must be one of the new kids!" She exclaimed happily. She was a wolf also. She gave me that sweet and caring vibe.

"Yes actually. I'm Scarlett," I felt the presence of my friends now. "That is Athena, Blake, and Xavier." I said smiling.

"Nice to meet you all! If y'all want you can seat with my friends and I at lunch!" She said happily. I agreed. I recognized her from the Black Moon Pack. She was the former Alphas daughter. He gave the pack over to his son.

We walked to class together. Harmony was actually really nice and fun to talk to. She was a junior so a year younger than the rest of us.

**********

The hours went by fast. My friends had the same classes as me in all. Harmony had 2 with us before lunch and 2 after. She told us her brother would be here at lunch but he was late to the earlier classes. She said he was out of town and just got home. We knew this since he was Alpha Hunter.

We grabbed some food and followed Harmony to a table. There was two boys already there talking. I knew they were the beta and delta.

"This is my ma-boyfriend Kaden. That's Daniel right there." Harmony said. I suppressed a laugh at her slip up.

"Nice to meet y'all I'm Scarlett. This is Athena, Xavier, and Blake. Xaviers my cousin. Athena and Blake are siblings." I told them our fake story.

We sat down. I sat beside Athena and Blake. We started small conversation about eachother and stuff. Suddenly someone sat down on the other side of the table beside Kaden and Daniel.

I smelt the most amazing smell. My wolf Red went crazy in my head screaming things. I caught her saying mate. I looked up and saw Alpha Hunter. He was already staring at me with confusion and lust in his eyes. He's my mate. Athena noticed my uncomfort because she judged me with a questioning eye brow.

"Hunter! This is Scarlett, Athena, Blake, and Xavier!" Harmony said happily. Oblivious to the fact I was mates with her brother. He stared at me still not saying anything. I averted my eyes. Blake touched my shoulder trying to get my attention. Which caused Hunter to let out a low growl. If u were human u wouldn't be able to beat it so I ignored it. But it didn't go unnoticed by his friends.

They sent him questioning glances. I am guessing he mindlinked them because now they all looked surprised, confused, and happy? I didn't have time to think about it because my phone started beeping.

I pulled it out and saw rouges were on the Black Moon Pack land. I had cameras alert me whenever a rouge was on the land of either packs.

"Rouges on packland." I said through our mind link.

They all nodded at me.

"Anyway we have got to go. See y'all later!" Blake said jumping up. The rest of us followed suit and practically ran out of the cafeteria. I used my vamp speed to get home. I had Athena on my back while Xavier and Blake shifted.

"Suit up. There is only about 7." I said grabbing my arrows and a couple of knives.

"What things?" Xavier asked.

"All wolves." I answered.

Once we were all ready we ran to the part of the forest where I saw the rouges. They were talking. I shot my arrow, Athena threw a knife, Blake shot his gun and Xavier also threw a knife since he wouldn't throw his sword. So that makes 4 dead 1 alive. He tried to run but I jumped at him.

I landed on him and stabbed the knife into his stomach.

"Who sent you?" I asked calmly with another knife to his neck.

He just grimaced. "I'll never tell, bitch!" He managed to choke out. I killed him.

I heard yelling. I looked at my friends and they said pack. I nodded. I grabbed a piece a paper that I had crumbled in class and wrote " Sorry about the mess - Black Storm Arrow, Dagger Love, Chopper, and Shooter." I then jumped into a tree and waited.

Hunter came into the clearing where the rouges were. Warriors came after him. They all stopped once they saw the dead rouges. Hunter walked toward and grabbed the note. He read it and laughed. I smiled his laugh was beautiful.

No bad Scarlett. It's Red's fault!

He soon left while the warriors carried the dead rouges. We all ran back toward the house. Once we got in we got cleaned up. I got dressed and went into my room where my friends already were. I gave them a confused look.

"What happened a lunch?" Xavier asked getting straight to the point. I sighed.

"Well you see. Hunter is my mate..." I said looking at them. Xav and Blake raised both eyebrows while Athena squealed. Then here came the rambling. I did a spell that made it were they couldn't talk.

They look confused at first then glared at me. I laughed at them. Athena undid the spell which caused me to pout. We talked a bit more then all went to get something to eat.