UNO

"Can I turn on the music?" Maya asked after I pulled out of the school.

"Course! But first tell me where you live so I can put it in the GPS." I told her.

She gave me her address and it was about 10 minutes away.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked her.

"Depends." She said smiling.

"Why did you stay in a toxic relationship." I asked her.

Her smile dropped. She looked thoughtful and sad. I didn't like her looking sad.

"He use to love me. And I believed I could make him love me again. I couldn't obviously. But I didn't have enough strength to leave him." She said after a minute. I simply nodded.

"Now I want to ask a question." She said.

"Okay, shoot." I said smiling.

"Why did you defend me?" She asked me.

I thought about it for a second. Why did I defend this girl?

"I didn't like the fact someone some innocent was being harmed. Girls should stick together. I also felt this need to protect you." I told her. She smiled and nodded.

"Turn here. My house is up the road." She said.

I turned and went until I saw a blue house like she described.

"Come on! I want you to meet my mom!" She exclaimed happily.

Maya was the same age as Harmony so a year younger than me.

"Mom! I'm home early! Come down there's someone I want you to meet!" Maya yelled once we stepped inside.

A woman came barreling down the stairs. She looked a lot like Maya. Same blonde hair. Same blue eyes. Different noses and mouths though. Both were beautiful. But where Maya's hair was straight. Her mother's was frizzy. Her mother looked vaguely familiar.

"Maya! What are you doing home? Oh hi! I'm Carrie Marshall. What's you name, pumpkin?" She asked me. She had that southern accent on her.

"I'm Scarlett Grey." I answered her.

Her face paled. I looked at her confused. I looked over at Maya who was just as pale.

"Scarlett Grey? Lizzie and Chads daughter?" This time I paled.

"How do you know my parents?" I asked quickly backing away.

"Oh my gosh. We thought you were dead!" Carrie yelled walking toward me.

Before I knew it her hands were around me. Hugging me. She was crying. I looked over at Maya and saw she was crying too. Now that I think about it their names sound familiar. As do they.

"I'm sorry. How do I know y'all?" I asked.

"I'm your aunt, sweetie. That's your cousin." She sobbed out.

Suddenly it was like a light build popped. I remembered everything about them. How Maya and I would play hide and seek. How my aunt and I would scare my mother. How me and Maya would practice our magic together. How my mother and my aunt would help us learn control.

"Holy shit. Aunt Carrie? Wait but that means. Y'all are witches!" I bellowed wrapping my arms around my aunt.

She nodded into my shoulder. Finally she let go. Then Maya came running toward me. She practically knocked me over. She hugged me so hard.

"I missed you so much Stormie!" She told me.

Every memory and feeling of happiness when I was with my family resurfaced. I missed Maya too.