Our story

We sat in Hunters office for a good 5 minutes. No one spoke. I assume they were trying wrap their heads around everything.

"Stormy, we all through you were dead. Why didn't you reach out?" Uncle Mike asked his voice cracking a bit. I sighed.

Hunter wouldn't look away from me. He was hurt I kept this from him. That I lied to him. I can only hope he will understand and forgive me.

"I'll tell you the full story. From when mom and dad died to now." I spoke. Uncle Mike grimaced when I spoke of my parents.

"After they were killed I ran. I didn't want to face the pack so I became a rouge. I believed my brother was dead," I informed them glancing over at Sean who was sitting beside Athena and Maya. Harmony was in Kadens lap both listening as well as Daniel.

"I ended up in an alleyway. I was cold, alone, and heartbroken. A councilman found me. He took me in. I later found Blake who had been thrown out of his pack. I found Xavier who had been a rouge his whole life but still had good in him. And then Athena. Her clan banished her because she is an elemental witch." I continued.

"We made our team. We are the youngest Protecters. We came down here to protect each of y'all pack. I believe some rouges are targeting the packs while others are targeting me for what I am." I was going to continue but Hunter interrupted me.

"What are you exactly?" He asked curiously.

"I am a Tribrid. A witch, werewolf, and vampire." The shock on everyone's face who didn't already know was unbelievable.

"Anyway...at school I met Maya. I didn't know it at the time but she is my cousin. She is also a witch. I also met Hunter, Harmony, Kaden, and Daniel. I knew who they were. What I didn't know was that Hunter is my mate." I said smiling.

"Harmony found out about Athena and I during a single attack. We had been walking through the woods when we were surrounded. Harmony was going to defend us. But we knew they would have killed her instantly. So we exposed ourselves as well and Xavier and Blake."

"She swore not to tell. Later she informed me that a tracker was coming home. That was Sean. He came to the house for dinner and I instantly knew it. It was my brother."

"Uncle Mike, I wanted to tell you I was here. I could feel your pain but I couldn't tell you. I am sorry for causing so much pain through the years."

"I understand, Storm." He spoke in a fatherly way. Like he was proud.

"That's our story." I said waving my hand toward me friends and I.

"Why did you keep the girl?" Hunters father asked. I assume he's talking about the witch.

"She had no choice but to help the idiotic rouges. They took her son. Beat him. If it were Harmony would you not do the same?" I answered him. A little throwback he just nodded.

"If you'll excuse me I have to go retrieve her son," I spoke standing up. I walked over to where Hunter was sitting. "We are talking more when I get back." I informed him. He growled at me because it sounded like a command and he is an alpha. But he nodded nonetheless.

'Stay. I won't be long. Also our scents are covered again. We smell like rouges so I recovered them.' I told my team.

Though we are a pack. We still smell of rouge. We are less of a pack and more of a family anyway.

Once I was outside I shifted and ran to where I knew they boy was. I made it to a warehouse and shifted back.

I walked in carefully afraid someone was here. I smelt and there was no one. Other than the boys scent. I could hear faint cries. I followed them.

It lead me to a cellular. There later the boy on the concrete. He looked up at me afraid.

"Hey buddy, how about we get you out of there?" I asked grabbing the bars ignoring the silver. I yanked the bars off. He looked shocked.

"Wh-who are you?" He asked shaking.

I smiled. "My name is Scarlett. But you can call me Arlet. I'm here to take you to your mommy." I informed him. His face lit up at the mention of his mother.

"You won't hurt me?" He asked.

"No bud. Of course not. What's your name?"

"Jermey."

"Okay Jer. You need to hop in my back so you can go see mommy." He looked afraid but got on my back.

I used my vamp speed to get back. It took about 5 minutes. He laughed the whole time.

I placed him on the floor once we were inside. I held his hand and walked toward the room I put his mom in. Her name was Jazzy I learned.

I knocked and I heard a sniffle and then she opened the door. Shock was all over there face. Then joy. She dropped to her knees and her son threw himself in her arms. She sobbed holding him.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much." She kept saying to me. I nodded and left them to have their moment. I needed to find my mate.

I followed his scent until I made it to a door. It was his room. I took a deep breathe and walked in not bothering to knock. He looked up from the bed where he had been laying down on.

"Can we talk?" I asked in a small voice. I was worried about his reaction. I had been lying to him.

"I guess." He mumbled. I inhaled them plopped down beside him. I looked over at him and he was fidgeting. We were quiet for a moment until he broke  it.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you let me know that you knew I was your mate?" He asked his voice breaking a little. He wouldn't cry. No matter how much he wanted to he wouldn't. It's his pride.

"It would have put you in too much danger. I am your mate, Hunter! It wasn't easy to lie! I wanted nothing more than to tell you but I am a Protecter. And the species I am is incredibly dangerous. It would have put you in danger as well as Harmony and my family and yours!" I exclaimed. A lone tear ran down my cheek. He was quick to wipe it.

"If it's so dangerous why did you come today and let us know who y'all are?" He asked softer this time.

I chuckled humorously. "Some asshole had a knife to my mates throat. Along with his beta, third in command, sister who happens to be my best friend, my aunt. I couldn't sit around and do nothing. The little dick face had a knife to the man I love throat!" I yelled out completely clueless I said I loved him.

I froze when I realized it. He was looking at me with so much happiness. He smiled and kissed me. The kiss was passionate. It had all of our emotions in it.

I quickly kissed him back. He pushed me on the bed and kissed me more urgently. His tongue explored every inch of my mouth. He made his way to my neck and froze where he was suppose to mark me.

His canines touched my neck and I shivered. His warmth was everything. "I am going to stop now or I won't be able to control myself of my wolf." He said in a husky voice which made Red jump.

I pouted but nodded. He laid down beside and I snuggled against him.

"What's your wolves name?" I asked him. I could feel his smile. He must really love his wolf.

"His name is River. Do you have a wolf?" He asked. I knew he saw me shift but some people don't get wolves they just shift. It's quite sad. They're a wolf but they don't really have one.

"Yes. Her name is Red. She's extremely annoying but she's my wolf." I spoke laughing. He chuckled along with me.

We talked mindlessly for hours. It was dark by the time I had to go home. He argued and tried to get me to stay with him but I declined. Red was not too happy.

I was walking out the door of the house along with my team, Sean, and Maya when Hunter grabbed my hand spinning me into his chest.

"I love you too, baby." He said and pecked my lips. I grinned into the kiss. I know. I know. Cliche but he's my mate. My other half. Them words are everything to me.

I walked home smiling and went to bed still smiling. Red was ecstatic. As was I.