Day 30 - Surprise Birthday Party - Boardwalk Boys

I have never been so excited for a prompt the entire month. The idea is based on the above comment on the prompt for the 8th on AO3.

Now for the house stealing festivities.

tw mentions of drugs

---

Michael went to go hit up his dealer, some random kid in a trench coat, once every few weeks on a Friday night.

One such Friday aligned with his birthday. He wasn't really planning on doing anything because he wasn't super big on celebrating his birthday.

The bois on the other hand had big plans. They were gonna go spoil the hell out of Michael.

So while he was out getting the drugz (tm), the bois just let themselves in after the customary arguing over who was gonna open the door because they all wanted to be the good boyfriend who was all chivalrous and shit.

Anyways, they each had like two bags after a trip to party city in which they spent like 100 bucks because quoting Rich, "Who the hell cares if its all super overpriced. The best for bae."  They also got a boxed cake because they really suck at cooking, baking, and really anything that involves stoves/hot things.

So anyway (they're getting gayer every day).

They went inside and Michael's moms were quite surprised to see them.

"Umm.. boys Michael headed out like 20 minutes ago," Kathrine (mom 1) told them.

"Oh yeah, we know. We're just gonna throw him a surprise birthday party because he doesn't celebrate himself," Rich was just dumping shit from the bags he had on the kitchen table.

"Ok just don't burn our house down or make a mess. Please," Anna (mom 2) knew how chaotic her son's boyfriends were. She was convinced that the four of them together had like a quarter of a brain cell. Separately they had like 2 apiece. But when together it was "oh there are three other people to brain cell". Now do that with 4 people and you don't have very much brain cell.

"We won't," Jeremy was already rummaging around in the fridge to find the stuff for the cake mix. "Hey, guys do these eggs look large to you? It says three large eggs."

Jake was still standing in the living room. "I'll try and keep them from ruining your kitchen Mrs. and Mrs. Mell." Before they could tell him "Call me Kathrine" or "Call me Anna" he was off. "Babe I don't think it matters."

"Jakey it says large eggs tho. Are these large eggs?" Jeremy still was freaking out over the eggs.

"What is the standard size for an egg?" Rich was now confused as well.

"Guys just grab three eggs it'll be fine."

After they used all the damn brain cell they had to make the cake batter and put it in the oven they started decorating. Which took even more brain cell.

"Ok so if I hold Rich on my shoulders we can hang up the streamers. And then if I walk over to where Jake is we can transfer the small one and he can hang the happy birthday thing."

"Umm guys you could just stand on a chair," Kathrine called from the living room. She really didn't like the sound of a death sentence for Rich.

"Oh you rite. You rite," Rich got off the counter he was standing on to try and mount Jeremy's shoulders. "Still not tall enough for this shit. Yo other tall ass you can do it without standing on a chair."

"Fair." Jake grabbed the streamers and started hanging them up.

Frosting the cake was the least brain cell requiring activity that they had to do.

They put the cake on the table and started Rich and Jeremy started to put the finishing touches on the decorations while Jake went to explain their plan to Kathrine and Anna.

"Ok, this is gonna sound weird. But we've been stealing Micha's hoodies for months now. And it somehow evolved into 'lol you guys gonna steal my house when you've run out of hoodies' so can you two stand outside and pretend like we stole the house?"

"Sure. Come on Kat," Anna dragged her wife out of the house.

"Oh, shit did they go with it?" Jeremy was convinced it wasn't gonna work.

"Yeah, you owe me 5 bucks Jere-bear."

At this point, Michael was gonna be back any minute so Rich was standing guard. "Guys he's coming. Imma go ham up our 'we fucken did it bitch' thing."

"Kay sweet." Jake had only just remembered candles were a thing they bought so he was sticking them in the cake now.

"Umm... why are you two outside?" Michael was low-key concerned that they found out he was going two towns over for drugs and they were gonna ground him for life.

"Oh, Jeremy, Jake, and Rich stole the house," Kathrine didn't look up from her phone and was acting like everything was fine.

"I'm sorry they whAT???"

At that moment, Rich opened the door. "YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TESTED US!! WE FUCKING DID IT MELL!! WE STOLE YOUR DAMNED HOUSE BITCH!!!"

"Why did you steal my house? Rich, how did you convince Jere and Jake to do this?"

"Gay magic."

"Imma take that as you fucked like no tomorrow but ok."

"Do you wish to come inside the dungeon?"

Michael rolled his eyes. "Sure."

Rich practically ran inside dragging Michael along. 

Jeremy was on Jake's shoulders because they were trying to stick streamers to the ceiling and chairs just weren't cutting it. "Ummm.... surprise?" Jake lowered Jeremy onto the counter.

"Happy birthday?"

"This is why I love you guys."

"We made a cake!"

Michael groaned internally. The last time they tried making a cake together they threw a flaming cake out ok the window and into Jake's pool. "Is it crispy?"

"No," they replied in unison.

"Well, it shouldn't be. We researched this time," Rich low-key high-key was hoping that Michael was gonna be proud of them.

"Wow, yall can research? Since when?"

Rich kicked Michael's shin. "Imma fuckin steal them kneecaps bitch. Don't make me."

"What the fuck Richard? Anyway. Get me a knife. JerEMIAH HEERE DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING TRY AND YEET THAT AT ME!! IF YOU WANTED ME DEAD YOU COULDA JUST ABANDONED ME IN JAKE'S BATHROOM!!"

"Ok, that was uncalled for," Jeremy placed the knife on the table.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry baby. Anyways cake."

"OH SHIT WE HAVE TO SET IT ON FIRE FIRST!" Jake grabbed a lighter out of a drawer. 

"How about no fire?" Rich awkwardly asked dragging out the word fire.

Jeremy grabbed the lighter out of Jake's hand and yeeted it elsewhere. "Good call."

After cake, they just laid down on the floor in Michael's room and vibed.

Rumor has it that Katherine and Anna are still standing outside their house to this day.

---

Ok the ending was ok but like. Here. Only one more and fluff month May is done.