CHAPTER 1

It was a cloudy morning and the weather was calling for snow. Britten was lying in bed staring at the beautiful man in the window. His long black hair was in a ponytail and she could see his tattoo running from the back of his neck to the small of his back. It was a sword with his family crest on it. The black of the tattoo blended beautifully with his olive skin as well as did his black silky pajama bottoms.

Though she lusted after his body she knew she needed to get away from him. He's already put her in the hospital once. Unfortunately, she knew if she ever tried to leave him, he would kill her before that could happen. One, she knew too much and two, if he couldn't have her no one could.

She laid there naked partially covered by the sheet feeling sore from last nights' sexcapade. He liked his sex rough, to the point her body almost couldn't handle it. Her throat was sore from being choked and she knew today was going to be an Ibuprofen kind of day.

She slowly sat up and her long white blonde hair spilled around her body. It was a beautiful contrast from her light beige skin. She slowly got up and walked over to him. She knew the little things she had to do to keep him from getting pissed off and hitting her. Every once in a while, he catches her off guard though.

She ran her hands up his back and massaged his shoulders a little before she wrapped her arms around his waist. She gently kissed the back of his neck. He took a drink of his coffee then grabbed her arm and pulled her around to the front of him.

He pressed her up against the floor length window with his body and she smiled. His dark brown eyes actually smiled at her. It was rare that they did that. He must be in a good mood, she thought to herself. Giovanni stood at six foot two, so she slightly had to look up at him. She licked his chin and he dropped his head back.

She did a mental slap, now she had to do something she wasn't in the mood to do. Though she was a sex addicted she still had moods where she didn't want to have sex and one of those moods was when she was sore.

She licked his neck and curled her fingers around his waistband. He backed up a little and she kissed down his body, dropping to her knees, taking his pants with her. She took him in her hands and licked the tip of him. His hand went to the back of her head. She took him into her mouth and began to suck and rub.

After a few minutes he decided she wasn't going fast enough so he forced the speed with his hand. She fought not to gag.

After five minutes he latched onto her hair and yanked her back. She started rubbing him and he shot all over her face. He let her hair go then stepped out of his pants and walked off. She felt for his pants then wiped her face off with them.

She watched as he walked into the bathroom then got up. She took a deep breath then headed to the bathroom across the apartment. She wasn't allowed to shower with him unless he pulled her in there with him.

She showered and bushed her teeth, then went back to the bedroom while drying her hair with a towel. "Gio?" He was tucking his black dress shirt into his black dress pants. "What?"

"Can you tell Casper to back off and let me do the interviews today?"

He looked over at her and smiled. "Okay, I'll tell him to stay away from your baby." Her baby was the club that the Valentinos' owned. It was one of a few businesses that they owned. The Under Ground was where Britten first met Giovanni.

Her best friend, Constantine, took her there one night to get her mind off of her mother. Constantine tried to steer her clear of Giovanni once his friend Diego told him who he was. Unfortunately, Britten fell in love with the club and couldn't stay away.