CHAPTER 7

It was almost six when she got back to the house. Luckily Giovanni wasn't there yet. She laid her things on the bed then went to take a quick shower. She didn't bother washing her hair since she had washed it earlier in the day. She didn't want to have to flat iron it again.

When she got out of the shower she dried off walking back to the bedroom. Giovanni was there staring at her bags. He looked at her when she got in the room and gave her an agitated look. "Why aren't you ready yet?"

"Just running a little behind. I had a hard time finding a dress."

He took off to the bathroom and she quickly got dressed. She found some thigh highs to put on then slipped into her dress. She grabbed a pair of dark red heels and slipped into them. She quickly put her hair up into a French twist and pinned the hell out of it.

She was fixing her make-up when he came out of the bathroom. She watched him move around the room in the mirror, praying that he wouldn't come over to her. He disappeared into his closet and she let out the breath she didn't know she had been holding.

She grabbed the jewelry she had bought and started putting it on. She sprayed herself with a little bit of perfume then went back into her closet to find a red clutch to take with her. When she came back out of the closet Giovanni was there by the bed fixing his belt. He had on a black tux with a black vest and black bowtie.

He had his hair slicked back and in a ponytail. She sat the clutch down on the bed and grabbed his cuff links. She went over to him and he let her put them on. He grabbed his coat and slipped into it. She just stared at him. "What?" She quickly shook her head no and walked away.

She grabbed the clutch and put a few things in it then turned to look at him again. He was just standing there staring at her. "Do I look okay?"

"It will do," he said then took off to the living room. She closed her eyes to keep from crying. The last thing she needed was to have to fix her make-up and piss him off even more.

She followed him out to the living room. He was at the fridge counting the health drinks. He slammed the door shut and she took a deep breath. Shit she forgot. He went over to her, grabbed her wrist and yanked her into him. "Two a day," he said. "That's all I asked of you."

She quickly came up with, "I was going to drink it before I went to bed." He shoved her away, letting her wrist go at the same time. She stumbled backwards and almost fell over her dress. Luckily she didn't rip it when she stepped on it.

"Let's go." He took off out the door and she quickly followed, grabbing her dress coat at the same time. She set the alarm, closed the door and quickly went after him. He looked at her and she slowed her walk. She knew it was going to be a very bad and long night.

They took the elevator down to the garage where the limo was waiting for them. The driver opened the door and he got in first. She sighed then got in after him. The driver closed the door after she got all of her dress in.

Giovanni was quiet the whole way and she knew better than to try and start a conversation with him. He was pissed about something and she wasn't sure what. She didn't want to find out neither, because if she got him started he would just take it out on her and she was trying to avoid that.

They arrived at the Sheraton and Giovanni grabbed her wrist before the door opened. "I'm not going to have to tell you to behave tonight am I?" She looked at him and shook her head no. "If the Mayor asks you to dance, you dance." She nodded. "Smile," he said as the door opened.