CHAPTER 15

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were non eventful. Giovanni kept Britten close to him, so Orion didn't get to spend much time with her. He was having withdrawals. He wanted to feel her lips on his and her body up against his. He wanted to hear her laugh and see her smile.

None of those things happened the rest of the week. She kept to herself and stayed business like with everyone. Holly had a long talk with Orion and it pissed Orion off. Holly told him he was going to pull him if he didn't get unattached and soon.

Scott, James and Alex had a new task. They were to try and gain her trust as well and try to get into the system. They knew they had to go through her to get there so they have tried to talk to her all week. They have also been hanging out with each other to show that they were becoming friends.

They knew she noticed everything and made sure she saw them all hanging out together, whether it be in the break room or in other parts of the building while on their breaks or while leaving work. They also made sure that they talked with Orion the last few days so that if needed he could sway her into trusting them.

Britten came to work with Giovanni. He looked at Orion then went into the office. Britten went in and closed the door before Orion could follow her in. He sighed and leaned up against the wall to wait for her.

"I need another set of hands tonight. We have a bigger shipment going out." Britten sat in Giovanni's lap and he put an arm around her. She logged onto the computer then sighed. "I would say Javier, but I need him at the club tonight. Where's Casper?"

"I need you to open and close, Greco sent Casper out to Vegas for a while."

"So, what are you going to do about tonight?" He took a deep breath. His grandfather was going to kill him if he didn't get this shipment out tonight. He had already told him he could handle it. Now he was beginning to panic.

Though Giovanni was an asshole and was able to pull off the tough guy act, he was scared of his grandfather and Greco, his great uncle. They were the ones that kept everything in check. They were even doing things that Vitorio didn't know about.

Giovanni's grandfather, Nico, expected greatness from him. They considered Giovanni like the next ruler of the family once they pass. That is why they let him take care of so much and require so much of him. They were grooming him to take over.

"There are a few guys here who are always talking about looking for extra money."

"Are they trustworthy?"

"I don't know. I would have to hang out with them for a while to find out."

"Go profile them, let me know. I have to go have breakfast with grandfather."

She had a feeling the guys would be trustworthy because she had overheard them talking about their pasts and how they had done some shady things. She knew Harrison was the only one that got caught for it though. She also saw Myles hanging out with them and it made her wonder if she asked if he trusted them would he say yes.

He pushed her up, looked at the figures on the computer then got up. Whenever Giovanni had to deal with Nico he was a lot nicer to Britten. He did actually trust her input because it hasn't steered him wrong yet. He kissed her cheek then took off.

Orion peeked around the corner and she waved him in. She picked up the phone and called down to the restaurant. She told Doug to make breakfast for five and that they would be down in about two hours.