CHAPTER 29

By Saturday night Janet had the invitation sent out to everyone and was already getting responses back by Sunday morning. Britten watched as the 'Will Be Attending' list grew. A lot of it was Orion's family and friends but Britten's family was slowly catching up.

Monday came and Britten had to put all her attention on wedding plans. Milly and Janet bombarded her with all kinds of questions as to what type of wedding she would like. They wanted to know what colors, what kind of flowers, if she wanted a certain kind of theme.

Britten eventually became overwhelmed. What tipped the scale was when her mother called her and told her who all she wanted in the wedding. Britten stood in the front yard and screamed at the top of her lungs as she threw her phone.

She had no control over anything. Everyone was trying to do everything for her and it was as if she had no say so in any of it. At one point in time when she was a little girl she dreamed of what her wedding would be like.

She wanted a fairytale wedding. The kind with butterflies and a horse and carriage. She wanted to be a princess. Even then she knew she wanted Constantine to be her maid of honor and her mother was trying to take that away from her.

She felt as if everything was being taken away from her. She wanted a DJ but Janet was trying to get a band. They wanted to make the flower arrangements and Britten wanted real flowers. Milly thought about a country theme and Britten wanted elegant, and every time Britten tried to tell them what she wanted they switched the subject to something else and she never got to tell them.

She knew she could scream at her mother but she didn't want to be an asshole to Janet and Milly. They were so sweet to help but at the same time Britten wasn't happy with any of it. Things were being rushed and she didn't like it one bit.

Britten dropped to her knees and sat on her feet. She put her face in her hands and took a few deep breaths. She wasn't crying she was just trying to gain composure. Her heart was racing and the more she thought about things the madder she got.

"You know, I'm a good listener if you want to talk about it." Britten dropped her hands and looked next to her. Manny was sitting there with his arms on his knees. "What are you doing here?" He gave her his beautiful smile.

"Orion wanted us to come in early and do groomsman stuff. Get tuxes and all that good stuff." She sighed and moved so that she was sitting on her butt with her knees to her chest. She laid her head on her knees and stared at Manny.

She wanted to talk to him but at the same time she wondered if she should just keep it to herself. "Or we can just sit here quietly," he said as he shrugged and shook his head. She opened her mouth to say something then closed it again.

Her phone began to ring and she looked over to where she had thrown it. She sighed and closed her eyes. She knew it was her mother and she didn't want to deal with her right now. "Overwhelmed?" Britten opened her eyes and looked at him again.

"Frustrated." He gave a small nod. "Most weddings can do that to a person. All the planning and trying to get things together. Are you not getting any help?" Britten sighed and moved so that way she was sitting indian style and facing him a little more.

"That's the problem, everyone is trying to do everything for me and are just telling me what is going to happen. I have no say so in anything." He thought about it for a moment. "Have you tried voicing your opinion?"

"They switch to a different subject before I can even give it to them, and my mother. . ." She rolled her eyes. "My mother is just a constant fight. She wants the wedding her way and her way only. She's. . ." She sighed. "She's my mother."