CHAPTER 25

Morning came and Britten woke before Orion did. He was on his belly with his hands shoved under his pillow. She stared at him for a long moment then leaned over and kissed his cheek. She was still in disbelief that a guy like him wanted to be with her.

She kissed his cheek again then slowly eased out of bed. She went to the bathroom and when she came back out she saw that he was awake. "Morning," he said as he yawned. She smiled and went over to him. "Morning."

"Ready to go?" She looked down at his t-shirt she was wearing then looked back at him. He smiled and got up. "Want another shower?" She nodded and he grabbed her hand. He slowly led her to the bathroom and turned on the shower.

After they got done playing in the shower then actually taking a shower they got dressed and headed out of the apartment. That was when he realized he didn't have a car. Britten grabbed his phone out of his pocket and called for a limo.

"Really?" She smiled and nodded. "It will be cheaper than a taxi. Do you care if I do a little shopping first, drop off that money and pick my purse and phone up?" He shook his head no. They went back in and waited for the limo.

They went to the battered women and children's center first and Britten gave them all eight hundred thousand dollars. She didn't want to see any more women or children end up like she had ended up.

They then went shopping and she bought a suit case and enough clothes to last for a little over two weeks. The driver put her things in the trunk with Orion's and they got back in the limo. She did however keep one bag so that she could change clothes. She knew the ones she had on weren't that dirty but she didn't feel clean either.

She stripped completely naked and Orion grabbed her. She squeaked as she fell into his lap. He lightly kissed her lips and she smiled. "Need help Miss Tanelli?" She smiled and nodded. He grabbed her bra and panties and helped her into them.

She then grabbed her jeans and got into them. Orion dug through the bag and pulled out a light pink mohair sweater. He helped her slip into it then looked back in the bag because he felt something a little heavy.

He pulled out a pair of socks and another small bag. He looked in it and saw make-up. "You know you look just as pretty without it." She smiled and took it from him. "I want to look nice for your mom." He kissed her cheek. "I'm sure she won't care."

"I've worn make-up since I was twelve I'm not giving it up." He snickered and put her socks on her then put her shoes back on her feet. "Do you like your shoes?"

"Love them," she said and kissed his cheek.

She pulled out the make-up and he noticed the purple nail polish. He smiled and hugged her tight. "Want to wait until we get on the plane?" She nodded and shoved everything back in the bag. She leaned back against him and he kissed her cheek.

It was after twelve when they got to the plane. Britten looked around and was surprised by the private plane. "Really?" Orion smiled and nodded. "It belongs to the agency. It will fly back here after it drops us off." She smiled and headed up the steps.

Two hours later they were in Tennessee and getting off of the plane. Orion rented a car and put all their things in the trunk then looked at Britten. She was looking around at everything. She unzipped her coat and looked at him. He smiled at her. "It's warmer here." He nodded. "You should see it in the summer."

They got in the car and they headed for his grandparent's house. He wasn't sure how she was going to react. He knew there was a chance of her freaking out because she had never been in the country before so it was all going to be new to her.