CHAPTER 33

The reception tent was three extra-large tents put together so they could accommodate the four hundred plus guests. The tents had the same sheer material as the other one did but this time they were blue and purple.

There were sixty round tables with eight place settings at each. The wedding party table was up near the back by the cake and the dance floor was in the middle of all of it. There were chandeliers throughout the tents and flower arrangements on every table sitting on top of two foot vases.

The tables had floor length white table cloths. The chairs were silver and the white plates sat on silver chargers. The whole floor of the tents were floored so no one would sink and the three buffet lines were off to the side.

Britten wasn't sure what everyone would want to eat so she ordered five hundred steaks and five hundred chicken breasts then enough sides to feed almost five hundred people. She told Orion whatever was left over either his grandparents could have or it could be donated to a shelter.

Britten and Orion entered the tent and everyone started cheering and whistling and Britten laughed. She looked at Orion and he smiled at her. "Ready?" She smiled and he laced his fingers with hers then headed for their table.

Britten sat down but Orion went to go get food. Britten took her gloves off and sat them on the table then grabbed her glass of wine. Manny came walking by and took it out of her hand and handed her something else.

She looked up at him but he kept walking. She had forgotten. She took a sip of what he had given her. It was Sprite. She snickered and sat it down on the table. She watched as everyone got up to get food.

She still couldn't believe how many of her family members were there. She knew her mother over exaggerated things but she didn't realize it was enough to say that this many people didn't care about her.

A plate appeared in front of her and she looked back at Constantine. "Orion told me to give this to you." She smiled then looked back at the plate. It was so full that it was mounded. Constantine sat to the right of her and she moved some of the food off of her plate onto his.

"What, did you think I didn't have enough already?" She elbowed him and he shook his head. "You better eat." She looked at him and he smiled. She sighed and looked back at her plate. The next thing she knew he licked the side of her face.

She grabbed some mashed potatoes and smeared it on his face before he could stop her. "Oh, so that's how it's going to be." He grabbed some of his and tried to smash it in her face. She squealed and covered her face with her napkin.

When he didn't fight to get around it she slowly lowered the napkin to look at him. He put a little on the tip of her nose then kissed her cheek. "Food fight, really," Orion said as he sat down next to her. She flicked some mashed potatoes at him and he jumped a little.

He wiped the potatoes away then licked off what was on her nose. She smiled and leaned into him. "I love you," she said softly. He gave her a kiss. "I love you too."

"Glad to see the two of you feeling better."

They both looked up at Manny then looked at each other. "We're you feeling sick?"

"Were you?" They both nodded at the same time then Britten laughed. "Guess we were both nervous huh?" He nodded.

Britten ate about half of her plate then got up to mingle with people mostly to thank them for coming. Orion got up right behind her and followed her. They introduced each other to their families and his friends.